close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Customization single price option

Thread began 10/16/2009 5:54 pm by dianne391326 | Last modified 11/30/2009 6:31 pm by Eric Mittman | 3668 views | 7 replies |

dianne391326

Customization single price option

Can someone tell me if it's possible to add a single fee for customization to an item. Example: I am selling tote bags for $8 each, but I want the customer to be able to add their name for a single extra fee of $10. So if they order one bag it's $8+$10 for customization, if they order 5 bags it's $40+$10 for customization. The customization I've seen so far wants to add the extra fee to each but I really don't want to do that. If it's possible, how??

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You could just have the customization be an additional item, this way it would retain the same price for the customization regardless of how many the user wants to buy. If you would like to have it like this then you would need to define how you would like your user to choose this customization option. Probably one of the easiest ways would be to have a checkbox and use that as a trigger for a second add to cart server behavior. So if the user checks the box then you have an add to cart server behavior that will occur and set the price in the cart as well as any other aspects of the customization you would like to include.

Please post back with any questions that you have about any part of this and we will be glad to help get you going.

dianne391326

Eric,
Any and all help is appreciated. I definitely want the easiest solution and your idea sounds like exactly what I want. I'm reading as many tutorials and the "recipes" that go with this to try to figure it all out, but as a novice some of it is greek. Basically I will have 6 Items available for starters, each item has 5 color choices and the option of adding a personalized name. If you could help me out in how to make this work properly that would be AWESOME!

Eric Mittman

With the eCommerce Toolkit I think you will need to create a new add to cart or buy now button for this. Then you just need to have the option for the name or whatever the customization is. When you are setting up the item you can set a sample value for the option name and value. When you create the button and the form you can update it by changing the option value element to be a text field for the user to enter their name. Then when the user adds this item to the Paypal cart they will have the charge of the option and its value, the name entered into the text field.

If you get the extra option item setup like this and have any troubles with it please post back with a link so we can have a reference for the current configuration of it.

dianne391326

Post not allowed

ok, i have been working and trying to figure this all out. Here's what I have so far, but I get an error when the add to cart button is clicked. HELP!? I'm learning as I go along.

order2

Eric Mittman

It looks like the action for your forms on this page are not going to PayPal. You will need to ensure that the forms are posting to the correct location. The action should be a PayPal page, the default buttons that are created should have the proper action specified in the form.

dianne391326

Thanks, back to the drawing board! I'll post an update once I get it done.

Eric Mittman

I think the action of these forms should be like this:

action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...