close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Constant "Loading Database Schema" Locks...

Thread began 10/16/2009 2:49 am by shane258993 | Last modified 11/12/2009 3:38 pm by dlovas275157 | 5904 views | 6 replies |

shane258993

Constant "Loading Database Schema" Locks...

Using multiple WA extensions I am getting very frequent "Loading Database Schema" dialogs recently.

Updated all extensions to latest version and cleared out winfile.dat file. Working on a client project this evening and this has happened probably 10 times in the last hour. The most recent occurred on STEP 10 of the data assist wizard. Frustrating.

Only way to regain app control is to end task.

Sign in to reply to this post

DarylBeta Tester

I have had this too before, but then have also found that sometime the same happens when using the built in Dreamweaver wizzards also.

One thing that I did was delete the wincache file (which is all over this forum), but also looked at connection issues that DW has with some servers.

I can't remember the steps that I went through, but it included either adding or removing www. on the testing server settings etc.

These things helped a little, but I stiill get it happening a few times.

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

You might find something that helps here

Solving problems with Dreamweaver
146/

Creating a dynamic site definition in Dreamweaver
151/

How to create a connection to a MySQL database
157/

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This usually happens when you are using the remote server as the testing server. When the wizard pages load, they sometimes need to communicate with the MySQL server to return column names for the table you are working with. When Dreamweaver tries to access the database, it will try to create the following file on the web server at:
<URL Prefix>/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php


Where <URL Prefix> is the URL Prefix you set on the testing server tab of the site definition.

When using a remote testing server, Dreamweaver can sometimes loose the FTP connection, then it will hang on the "Loading Database Schema" dialog.

using a Local Testing server instead of the remote server can help alleviate this problem.

Sign in to reply to this post

shane258993

Loading schema issue

Good afternoon Jason,

In my situation my workflow requires I use my remote server as it is my testing server. I don't have the time to duplicate and maintain a secondary testing environment on a local level.

Database is setup correctly and is working fine in other areas of Dreamweaver -- I only seem to run into the issue when using WA extensions.

I spent some time with ADDT this weekend and it doesn't seem plagued by the same issue. Using this extensions wizards I am able to freely move among wizards, change tables, etc. Unfortunately, ADDT is not maintained much these days and I'd like to utilize all WA products with this project - but the lockups are resulting in more time being spent troubleshooting than developing.

Trying some of the suggestions posted in the forum regarding changing testing server name etc. have little effect. I have even gone so far as to recreate my entire configuration folder and reinstall all of my extensions. This has not helped either.

I just changed the table in STEP 1 of the DB wizard and got a lock up.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions -- but the problem persists. Any other ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It really is a problem with using the remote MySQL Server for testing.

The ADDT tools may not re query the database as much as the WA tools do which would explain why you do not have the problem there.

Really the only solution to the problem I can give is to use a local MySQL Server.

Sign in to reply to this post

dlovas275157

Your remote database server may have blacklisted your IP. Call your host, and see if they can whitelist your IP on your database server. When you use a remote server as your test server, you tend to connect very frequently with the remote server (far more frequently than you would in a live/production environment. This triggers a block). I had the same problem. My host whitelisted my IP, and it fixed it.

Now I use a local testing server for some of my projects to avoid this issue.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...