close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTML email problems: text is fine

Thread began 10/15/2009 10:10 pm by rmruda390861 | Last modified 10/20/2009 4:23 pm by Eric Mittman | 2399 views | 6 replies |

rmruda390861

HTML email problems: text is fine

Simple form built with FB. After applying UE, Plain text email is arriving just fine. I am having issues with HTML.
I saved the Plain Text producing php file and saved as a new file and made the following changes for HTML
1) Removed code in plain text preview
2) Clicked to HTML Preview and followed instructions exactly as per "Solution Recipes" - "Creating an HTML email"
3) To test I simply took 2 fields (first name and last name and bound the PHP relevant values from "Bindings"
4) Email arrives but with EVERY field (as per the plain text message) and with no apparent formatting (actually there is no real HTML - just a table with "First Name" and "Last Name" and a column with the binding.) I would have expected to see just those 2 fields and their values..
IT looks like the HTML file is not being generated..
Not sure what is going on, however.
1) When I go back into the Universal Mail Server Behavior / Body tab the "{dynamic value}" phrases are not visible - I have to enter it again but once I save and close the file it disappears (just blank spaces when viewed)
2) The webassist code generation progress box is no longer visible - I cannot see how to get it back.
3) I have closed and open DW
4) I have attached some of the latest files but you may need others..

Thanks

Attached Files
online_request.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you are crafting the email message body you should use regular edit option for the plain text email, then select the html email and use the DW edit button to setup the html body of the message. When you are editing with DW you just need to save the page and it will return you to the wizard so you can preview the message. You should specify ok in the wizard after this then test the page out.

This should create a single file for the email in your WA_Universal_Email folder, it should be named WAUE_pagename_1.php.

rmruda390861

Hi Eric,
Thanks for your response..
I was under the impression that you could select either the text option OR the html option?
Anyway I have tried a few variations
I placed this dump text in the text preview window:

<?php foreach( $_POST as $pkey => $pval ) { ?>
<?php echo (str_replace("_"," ",$pkey).": ".($pval))?>
<?php } ?>

I then went to the HTML preview window and simply took ONLY 2 fields from "bindings", saved and published. The email received was the entire text dump (all fields) even if I remove the text dump from the text preview window
In the DE edit file the source file looks correct( see below showing the 2 fields)
I am also getting JavaScript errors "while executing inspectSelection in WAUEInsp.html, a JavaScript error occurred"

<html><head></head><body>
<table width="427" border="1">
<tr>
<td width="321">First Name</td>
<td width="90"><?php echo ((isset($_POST["Contact_me_group_First_Name"]))?$_POST["Contact_me_group_First_Name"]:"")?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Last Name</td>
<td><?php echo ((isset($_POST["Contact_me_group_Last_Name"]))?$_POST["Contact_me_group_Last_Name"]:"")?></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body></html>

rmruda390861

Eric,
I am now getting detailed script errors (see attached) when I try to use DW Edit under the Body tag.
Also your comment "When you are editing with DW you just need to save the page and it will return you to the wizard so you can preview the message" is no longer the case. It is not working.
In addition as mentioned in my original email, "The webassist code generation progress box is no longer visible - I cannot see how to get it back."
I fear something is corrupted and need some support to resolve this please.
Thank you

Eric Mittman

It looks as though your installation for Universal Email has become corrupted or may have been like that from the start. I think you should try deleting or renaming your configuration folder to have Dreamweaver recreate it. This will clear the extensions you currently have installed and allow you to re-install them. When you install again make sure to select 'yes to all' when asked about overwriting existing files. Here is a link to instructions on clearing the config folder:

showpost.php?p=12293&postcount=2

rmruda390861

Eric thanks for your quick response. I followed the instructions very carefully. The new en_US folder was created OK and the installation of the only 2 extensions I have so far (FB and UE) installed as expected (only UE asked to "select 'yes to all when asked about overwriting existing files).
Issues:
1) When I tried to run FB I got "Error initializing UI. Type error: group object has no properties" I have seen this error reported elsewhere in groups...
2) Still do not see the webassist code generation progress box as it was when I first installed the first Webassist extension (FB)

I followed the instructions again just to make sure that the "extension managers cache" had been wiped.

I have spent many hours trying to fix this on my own and with your assitance - I would appreciate a support ticket as I have clients waiting for HTML secure forms
Thank you..

Eric Mittman

Sure thing, this was the last set of troubleshooting steps that I needed you to check so I have opened a ticket for you on this issue. To check the status of your ticket or make an update to it login to the site and visit your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...