close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping options and problems...

Thread began 10/14/2009 4:17 am by ozy_h159518 | Last modified 10/15/2009 10:56 am by Jason Byrnes | 1854 views | 3 replies |

ozy_h159518

Shipping options and problems...

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out a way to add 2 flat rate delivery options and finding it a little problematic. Basically I have over 100 products and all of them get a flat rate of £8 but I'd like to offer a cheeper option for 4 items at £3.50, the problem seems to be that 1 of the items of the 4 I'd like people to order up to 12 of them before the £8 kicks in the other 3 just 1. Any ideas?

Also, in eCart when going to edit the shipping options the rules get messed up, there correct in the code but in the editing box there garbled, anyone else having this problem?, it's not all the time though but enough to be a pain in the.. wrist as you have to keep entering the details from the beginning so it takes ages to do tests. Attached JPG shows the error, it should be a list of 5 different rules, not as it shows, just one garbled rule.

Any ideas?
Thanks for any thoughts!!!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Just to clarify,

For all but 4 items, you want to charge a flat rate shipping of 8

For 3 of the 4 items, you want to charge flat rate shipping of 3.50

so if they order 1 regular item and 1 of the other 3 items, they should be charged 11.50?

same as if they order 4 regular items and 2 of the other 3 items, they would still be charged 11.50?

For the forth item, you want to charge a flat rate of 8 only when 12 or more are ordered?

This is on top of the other flat rate charges? so 1 regular item, 1 of the other 3 itmes and 12 of the 4th item would be 19.50?

As for the rule being messed up, its difficult to say what the problem could be with out knowing what the rule is. would need details on how the rule is configured to be able to guess at why it would be garbled on reinspection.

ozy_h159518

Sorry if I didn't make myself very clear!

OK, so I have a basic store with over 100 products all with a flat rate of £8 shipping.

What I'd like to do is offer 4 of those products with a cheaper delivery option, say £3.50. One of the 4 cheaper products I'l like the customer to be able to order up to 12 of them and or any of the other cheaper delivery products but still only charge £3.50 in total.

If a product that is not a part of the cheaper set is added then the deliver charge should be £8 total.

So never more than £8.

This may seem really obvious to someone of experience but it's baffling me.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

OK, to accomplish this, you should add another column to your cart for itemType.

in the add to cart buttons, set the value of the item type column to 1 for the cheaper items and 2 from the more expensive items.

you then need to create 2 shipping rules.

the first will add an £8 if an item with itemType = 2 is in the cart.

the second will add £3.50 if an itemType = 1 is in the cart, but no itemType = 2

itemType 2
Triggerrs:
"Number Of Items with a specific column value"
If the Number of items where [itemType] has a value of [2] is [>] than a value of [0]

Calculation:
flat rate charge of 8

itemType 1 - no itemType 2
Triggerrs:
If the Number of items where [itemType] has a value of [1] is [>] than a value of [0]

AND
If the Number of items where [itemType] has a value of [2] is [<] than a value of [1]

Calculation:
flat rate charge of 3.50

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...