close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTML Editor Beta Build 007 Available for WCE

Thread began 10/13/2009 3:18 pm by Anna Robinson | Last modified 10/23/2009 11:33 pm by John Langer | 6068 views | 37 replies |

Anna Robinson

HTML Editor Beta Build 007 Available for WCE

A zip file will be emailed to you today, containing HTML Editor 2.0.0 007 (Beta). The beta build is only available to the WCE group so please do not report bugs or feedback in the regular support forums; use this forum to provide us input or ask questions.

You will not be able to run iRite simultaneously but if you have any issues with HTML Editor you are unsatisfied with, you can revert to iRite, assuming you own or lease it.

The serial number for this group is hkXOU-czSPj-0xxDm-Jgw0z. There are a limited amount of activations so please do not install on more than 2 machines. This serial number will work until HTML Editor goes live (likely next week). Post here, if for any reason, it doesn't work before then.

Note that the access point is incorrect in the Extension Manager description. Use Insert > WebAssist > HTML Editor (not iRite).

We look forward to your feedback!

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

Anna,

One thing I noticed... when you install the extension, inside the Extension Manager description that appears across the bottom, the product is still referred to as "iRite" instead of "HTML Editor".

Best regards,

Brian

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Thank you... we'll make sure to get that updated right away.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

tom92909Beta Tester

The entire upload directory for the new HTML Editor extension is labeled...

WA_iRite

And the directory is HUGE, it took a very long time to push that directory to my server.
The Wizard was pretty straight forward.

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3, Dreamweaver CS3.
I have a very nice video card installed.

When I highlight the the toolbar form area, using split view, the design portion has some strange feedback jittering going onscreen. Just odd visually.

Once uploaded I got this error immediately...

Warning: require_once(/WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ju3muv6o/public_html/simplebeta.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ju3muv6o/public_html/simplebeta.php on line 1

I corrected the path...

<?php require_once("WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

I made an edit/update to the toolbar properties and saved...
I got a 2nd path error, and I found this on lines 1 and 2;

<?php require_once("/WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>
<?php require_once("WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

I removed line 1.

WOW, nifty extension. I like what I see.

Tom :)

tom92909Beta Tester

hmmm, I made a mistake with my prior post. You missed out on the PHP code that I added...

I corrected the path...

php:
<?php require_once("WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

I made an edit/update to the toolbar properties and saved...
I got a 2nd path error, and I found this on lines 1 and 2;

php:
<?php require_once("/WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

<?php 
require_once("WA_iRite/WARichEditorPHP.php"); ?>

I removed line 1.

thewebteam297175Beta Tester

Doesn't install on DW8* - I assume this is deliberate?
I'll try it over on DW CS4 later.

*Just because I happen to be at my older Working Laptop with Dreamweaver 8.

anonymous

thewebteam,

I believe WebAssist policy is to only support one version back when releasing new products.

Isn't 8 two versions back? Or am I crazy?

Brian

anonymous

My install on Mac Snow Leopard using DW CS4 went flawless!

I didn't experience the issue Tom had so I am not sure if it is a OS specific problem.

I did, though, have to delete the macfilecache thing.

A couple of quick suggestions:

On the dialogue box where you set up the file browser, I would strongly recommend that WA add a note underneath the file browser prompt that states something like, "Remember that adequate permissions have to be set on this folder to upload".

If you don't add that little line, I can already tell what will happen to the forum support thread... people will be on here screaming that the product doesn't work amongst other nonsense.

My other suggestion is - if room in the dialogue box to have some brief notice about what the "advanced file manager" is. It only says that a database is needed but even I am not sure what it exactly is and I am fairly well versed in FCKeditor.

The interface looks tremendous and is much faster than the previous iRite. Overall, I am very pleased with the extension's functionality and ease of use.

Cheers,

Brian

tom250037Beta Tester

I have been looking forward to this. Nice to see the KFM plugin installed!
I have been having some problems with the quick upload, and some path issues.

It would be great if we could enter the full remote path in the wizard.
I see you are trying to use some code to grab it from the server

php:
$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '' ;

if (isset($_SERVER['APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH']))  {
  $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = str_replace("\\","/",$_SERVER['APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH']) . substr($Config['UserFilesPath'],1);
}

I think APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH is for windows. I would guess most users host on linux, and you should probably use $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] instead. Or perhaps look to see if $_SERVER['APPL_PHYSICAL_PATH'] or $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] is populated, and use that one that is...

Probably the best would be to allow entering the full server path in the wizard, and if it is entered, use that above all others.

I notice that you default $WA_EditorRemoteRoot ='/public_html/'. It should probably default to '/', as public_html would probably be included in the $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']. I know on my server that returns /home/username/public_html

I have been unable to get the quick upload to work either, which is probably a path issue as well. I choose the file, and click send it to the server, and the upload box just hands there forever. Has anybody else been able to upload from the upload tab (as opposed to the file manager)

I really like the addition of the KFM file manager!

Thanks!
Tom

anonymous

Tom,

The KFM is GRRRREEEAAATTT... I just figured out what the "Advanced Editor" stuff was all about... decided to experiment with it and BAM as Emiril would say. Love it.

I, too, noticed that my quick upload (Mac local machine...Linux server) also does not work (or probably doesn't have the right path to be technically correct) also.

Brian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...