close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Installation of all extentions

Thread began 10/12/2009 2:48 am by Giovanni_ | Last modified 10/29/2009 8:04 am by David CHnet.com | 1805 views | 7 replies |

Giovanni_

Installation of all extentions

Hello there,

Is there a way to

1- Download ALL the extensions in ONE file rather then having to download each individual file? I mean, each extension has MANY files.

2- Manage the extensions so that you dont have to download them ONE by one?

wow, can the installation be improve to the point that you dont waste hours on installs and updates?

Specially for US who have purchased the super suite.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Unfortunately currently, there is no download file for all the extensions and there is no file to install all the extensions. We are working towards combining functionality to reduce the number of extensions that need to be installed however. Sorry for the inconvenience and any suggestions to improve on our products is always welcome.

Office Guy-172461

I think most of the fault lies with Adobe for two reasons:

1. Extension Manager is a mess
2. Dreamweaver's handling of the cache file

You can get around most of this by remembering to remove an extension before installing a new version, and deleting the cache file after installing new extensions.

Solving problems with Dreamweaver
146/

Updates are good because it mean bugs are being fixed.
Upgrades are good because we get more goodies. :)

Dennis_DelGado252831

Thanks OfficeGuy!

Your post with the link to Dreamweaver troubleshooting really helped me out with a vexing issue I was having all of a sudden with this and that ".htm" file can't be found (13 instances!) and "kuhler.htm" floater not found, blah, blah, blah. I was ready to shoot my brains out after multiple installs/uninstalls with same results. Thanks for the post!

Office Guy-172461

Glad it helped you. It's a collection of wisdom from various people on the forum and WA. I try to keep it up-to-date as more is discovered. There are quite a few other tips there that may help as well.

Thanks for posting back your results.

David CHnet.com

Footnote

One thing I was advised in an earlier thread - don't install the extensions you don't use!

For example, I also purchased SuperSuite and I never use eCart, but always had it installed simply because I owned it. The last time I installed it took almost an hour to do using the Adobe extension manager. Solution was to remove it and forget it.

The Adobe EM is a pile of doggy-do and always has been, and the inordinate amount of time it takes to install large extensions is entirely down to them.

David

kevin_d_allen182238

Nobody else seems to have this problem

Actually, I suspect the problem lies closer to home. I install LOTS of extensions in dreamweaver - and none of the other vendors I install them from have had the issues with the cache. This is the only vendor where I've had to ( repeatedly) go in and dig thru my file system to delete the cache - which leads me to believe that there is a standard operating procedure being missed here.

I love Web Assist extensions - but I am learning to hate going through the install process, because of the almost guaranteed installation issues. Instead of blaming it on Adobe, somebody should be researching how other people are procedurally working around these issues successfully.

David CHnet.com

Can WA *do* anything about slow install/uninstall?

Ditto here, I have LOTS of extensions installed and have no other problems, but then none of the other extensions are any where near as heavyweight as eCart for example.

I agree entirely about the install process, it's unbelieveably painful and I dread the times I have to do it. Easily an afternoon is lost because you can also be sure that uninstalling/installing one crates a problem that means uninstalling/reinstalling another. I generally lose an antire afternoon every time.

BUT I don't believe there is much that WA can do about the Adobe EM.
It IS a pile of doggy-do LOL

Also I have many other cache related issues and again this is down to dumb handling by Adobe. For example, having to clear the cache because the clocks changed recently. They haven't programmed any handling for that. Took me 3 or 4 hours to discover the "documented solution" (excuse for an oversight) on the Adobe site, explained as though this was a "feature".

I love both WA and Adobe's products, despite their shortcomings, and despite my frustrations.
Peace and Love to both :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...