close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Prices not filtering

Thread began 10/11/2009 5:38 pm by tim.wolak331163 | Last modified 10/16/2009 12:24 pm by Eric Mittman | 4103 views | 16 replies |

tim.wolak331163

Prices not filtering

I am displaying prices in a drop down list that show's prices for all the items I have. When I select a filter based on category ID and test it in the recordset it displays correctly. When I put the ATC button and the drop down base on item ID it displays all the prices not the prices for the specific item.

How do I get the filters to work correctly. You can view the issue at:
bnbfood.php

Thanks,
Tim

Sign in to reply to this post

tim.wolak331163

filtering

Some additional information, I'm using the sample database for physical goods from the database kit. In the record set I'm filtering based on form category id.

Tim

tim.wolak331163

filtering

Can anyone help?

Eric Mittman

I have seen your page and I can see that the first two items have the same values in them for the prices. I think I need a little more info about this part:

"When I put the ATC button and the drop down base on item ID it displays all the prices not the prices for the specific item"

When you say you put the ATC and drop down based on the item ID I'm not sure what you mean here.

If you are filtering for a single item that is fine on a details page but is more difficult to do on a page that lists multiple items. Please post back with soem additional info about what you are hoping to accomplish as an end result and also include a copy of this page in a zip archive so it can be examined.

tim.wolak331163

Filtering

Thanks for gettging back to me Eric,

What I would like to have happen is on this page there will be 6 types of dog food, some with the same flavor but there are large bites and small bites. All them them will have 6lbs bags, 13lbs bags and 26lbs bags. I would like the select lists to contain the weights with the prices next to the weight. That way the user can find the food they want, select the weight, see the price and add to cart.

I have everything setup in the sample data base I got from your sight, the products are stored in the products table and the different bag names are stored in the product_cat_id table. I am trying to filter the dynamic list to show only the weights and prices related to those bags of dog foods. I'm attaching the page for you so you can see the code.

Thanks,
Tim

Attached Files
bnb-timberwolf.php.zip

tim.wolak331163

filters

Eric,

What ever information you guys need to help me please let me know, if you need screen shots I'll get them for you. Right now this is hold my entire site up since I can't sell anything if it will not add the correct items to the cart. Thank you for helping me.

Thanks,
Tim

Eric Mittman

The page that you posted does not seem to have any server side code on it. I would need to see a copy of the page that you are working on in the site that has the PHP code on it.

If you are trying to filter your recordset to pull up the size and price info for each item on the page you will need to incorporate the recordset code into the loop of the repeat region on the page. This way you can have a newly filtered recordset for each item on the page. This is a more advanced technique though and this type of thing is normally done on a details page.

When you have a details page for the item like this you can have the recordset filtered just for that item, this way the list of sizes and prices will be specific to that item. Please post back with the page in question in a zip archive and I will take a look at it for you.

tim.wolak331163

filters

Sorry about that Eric, here is the correct page. I understand what you are getting at, I have seen a few other php pages that have huge filtered lists for items that are on the same page but let me know what you find.

I also have tried just static ATC buttons for the three bag weights next to each item and if you were to add one small bag from both large and small bite dog food you end up with what ever you added into the cart first and it would have a quantity of two instead of two separate items.

Let me know what you find and I'll do/learn what ever it takes to get this working.

Thanks Eric.

tim.wolak331163

file

Here is the file

Attached Files
bnbfood.php.zip

tim.wolak331163

filters

Eric, have you had a chance to look at this file yet?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...