close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Where are the PNG files?

Thread began 10/10/2009 4:17 pm by doug348746 | Last modified 10/21/2009 4:18 pm by Neil Beadle | 3650 views | 9 replies |

doug348746

Where are the PNG files?

I am trying to work though the roundedcorners PDF and they say there are PNG source files to download, but it only has the rounded corner preset files which are gif or jpgs

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

Thank you for pointing this out, the download labeled Rounded Corner Source Files should be the Rounded Corner PNG Designs. The site administration team has been notified and this should be fixed soon. Please check the download later today to get the correct PNG files.

Jimmy Wu

This download has been changed. Thanks again for notifying us of the issue.

doug348746

files not what I expected

I expected the full source files with all the slices so that I could edit the individual slices/layers to make changes.

THese files are the full image mockup and not what I need.

freiheit

Originally Said By: doug348746
  I expected the full source files with all the slices so that I could edit the individual slices/layers to make changes.

I have the same problem as you.

freiheit

One great operation for CSS Sculptor would be the ability of selecting rounded quadrants,and be able to assign them to specific divs, cause now we have to edit the css code manually,
and for example we need to write code like this one below for a rounded div:

<div class="bl"><div class="br"><div class="tl"><div class="tr">
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit
</div></div></div></div>
<div class="clear">&nbsp;</div>

.bl {background: url(bl.gif) 0 100% no-repeat #e68200; width: 20em}
.br {background: url(br.gif) 100% 100% no-repeat}
.tl {background: url(tl.gif) 0 0 no-repeat}
.tr {background: url(tr.gif) 100% 0 no-repeat; padding:10px}
.clear {font-size: 1px; height: 1px}

Consider this for a future update , cause this will save us huge ammounts of time.

Jimmy Wu

Originally Said By: doug348746

You can make changes to the images that are added to the site that you create the page to. Under the CSSSculptor folder, there should be a folder that contains the images being used.

doug348746

Where are the PNG's?

That is not acceptable. You should provide the full image sources files that have all the slices. I want to just edit the file and re-export the slices. I should not have to open individual files and edit them. For each rounded corner layout there is going to be at least 4 corners and then other files to make everything consistant.

Please provide the fully sliced versions? also as I would replace the top banner area with another graphic, then export the slices. It appears doing rounded corner layouts with this extension is not nearly as easy as your website makes it. It would be reasionalbe to provide what i am requesting.

doug

doug348746

I want a refund then

Mark this my official request for a refund on CSS Sculptor 3. I am dissapointed that my simple request can not be full filled.

I bought it for the round corner layouts and the fact that I would have to edit individual files or have to re-slice the orginial mockup files is pathetic.

I have purchased web tools in the past and they included the full orginal source files.

Neil Beadle

Hi Doug,

If you are still within the 15 day money back guarantee, you should contact our sales staff for a refund.

These PNG files are the graphic compositions created by our designer. They are provided as a resource for you to make your own rounded corner layouts to use with CSS Sculptor. I understand that if these files contained slices, it would make it easier for you to customize the design for use with Sculptor. However, at this point, we do not have those designs sliced for you to use.

We have documented the process for you to create your own rounded corner designs using these PNG files, and i suggest you refer to that document for guidance, if you intend to continue using CSS Sculptor. sculptor_rounded_corners_ht.pdf. In the past, our customers have found this approach to be ideal for the creation of their own rounded corner designs.

As you can see from the approach taken in those instructions, predefined slices would not work as you would still need to create new slices for the new div that you create. So, providing slices with these designs would not be of much use in this situation.

Your other options would be to customize each image file that is outputted from CSS Sculptor as Jimmy suggested, or you could slice the PNG designs we have provided to suit your needs.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...