close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

No menu displaying in IE6

Thread began 10/10/2009 2:58 am by pework390346 | Last modified 11/24/2009 10:37 am by Dani Chankhour | 6579 views | 20 replies |

pework390346

No menu displaying in IE6

Hi

My menu will not display in IE6, you just get the text links and nothing else.
I have read through all the threads and tried all the suggestions but nothing seems to resolve it, could you help?

The link is navbar.php

Many thanks

Paul

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

It looks as though the path to your menu_ie.css file is wrong.

change:

@import url("../.../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw/menu_ie.css");

to:

@import url("CSSMenuWriter/cssmw/menu_ie.css");

neilo

You also seem to be missing the IE style condition

<!--[if IE ]>
etc

from your pages which would check your browser and then refer IE to your ie.css and thereon to the iepngfix.htc

pework390346

Still no menu

Thanks for your suggestions.

I had already tried different paths but have done as you suggested but still no menus?

neilo

WA Help needed here!

Hiya pework,

Am at a loss to know what to suggest. One of the pros needs to take a look when they return from the holiday weekend.

One question though, - does the error duplicate when you try a new menu - just a basic test menu with a couple of headings would do, using just the default settings of the menu builder? - are the results the same?

anonymous

Pework,

A couple of things... I noticed the page you provide is just the menu. So, are you including that page on another page?

If not, I know that IE (especially IE6) will have some real problems displaying anything correctly without page declarations such as

html:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

If you don't make a doctype declaration and define the flavor of html, you will probably have some real issues with IE6.

Best regards,

Brian

pework390346

IE6 Issues

Thanks for your ideas guy's.

Yes Brian I am using the 'include' command to pull the menu bar into other pages.

The doctype declaration was a good suggestion but doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'll play around a bit with the css code when I get time and see if I can solve it.

Paul

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have a url with the menu on a page with the doctype? I'd like to take a look at it in context to see if I can spot the problem.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

pework390346

IE6 Menu proble

Hi Ray, my home page is www.smeoutsourcing.co.uk this page includes the menu bar.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Add a:

<head>
</head>

tag to the top of your page and add all of the <script> <title> <link>, and <meta> tags to it.

Then put the rest of the content in a <body> tag and add your </html> tag.

that may fix your problem. If not, send a link to the updated page and I'll take another look at what else might be wrong.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...