close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Should there be two listings of validated entries in Bindings?

Thread began 10/08/2009 5:14 pm by Stevebo | Last modified 10/26/2009 8:39 pm by Stevebo | 1826 views | 4 replies |

Stevebo

Should there be two listings of validated entries in Bindings?

I've noticed that I have two identical entries named WA Validated Entries (XYZ filename) listed in the Bindings panel. Is this normal? If not, should I remove one and if so, how do I know which one to remove?

steve

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Do they both have the same contents?

I have only seen this happen on a page where there are two forms present.

If they both have the same form elements in them, then one can be removed. It wont matter which one, they will both create the same code when the bindings are used.

Stevebo

Yes, the two lists are the same. The name of each group is "WA Validated Entries (createClientProfile.php). Every validation that occurs (about 12 of them for my form) is repeated again in another entry in Bindings with the same name mentioned above.

There are not two forms on this page nor has there ever been. Just the one form.

steve

Stevebo

A little more info to supply after looking at the bindings panel a little closer.

The first entry that displays WA Validated Entries (createClientProfile.php) contains a sublist of all the validations under it. If I click on WA Validated Entries... The + button on the Bindings panel is lit, but the - button is grayed out. None of the sublist validation entries can be removed since the - button is grayed out.

If I scroll down to the second listing that reads the same as the first (WA Validated Entries (createClientProfile.php), it too has the same sublist under it. The difference is that I can select the WA Validated Entries... text and both the + and the - buttons under bindings are active. But, when I click the - button the Bindings list looks as though it flashes for a moment but all the entries are still there. If I click the + next to the WA Validated Entries... it expands the sublist but when selecting any of those the - button under the Bindings tab is grayed out.

In other words it looks as though there is no way to remove either of these identical validated entries and their sublist of validations.

I tried deleting the winfilecache.dat file and it didn't make any difference.

steve

Stevebo

I think I discovered what is causing the duplicate entries found on the bindings tab. It appears as though after using FB to insert a custom form I had created earlier and one of the designs I created as a preset, when modifying the form design it created another WA Validated Entries entry when I saved the work in Form Builder. If this wasn't bad enough, it also saves a duplicate entry when saving the file as a different name.

I made some changes to the fieldset's legend in FB and when I saved it, I also saved it as a preset since the form was based on a preset I had created earlier and I wanted the changes to be available in that preset. When I did this, it created a duplicate entry for the WA Validated Entries shown in Bindings.

I decided to try everything again and this time not save it as a preset but it still created the duplicate entry.

Is there a way this duplicate entry can be removed in the Bindings panel where it lists WA Validated Entries (createClientProfile.php)? - note that createClientProfile.php is the name of the file I'm working on.

Perhaps some place in the page's code where it creates some kind of a duplicate entry that affects the bindings panel list of WA Validated Entries appearing twice?

I tried editing the form's design yet another time to see if it would add a third entry but it didn't. It seems to stick at 2 duplicate entries.

Found one more problem regarding the duplicate entries and that has to do with me saving a file that only shows one set of WA Validated Entries in the Bindings panel (I completely rebuilt the page after deleting the form and stripping out all FB code that appeared in the file) as a file with a different name. This time I saved the form that only had one WA Validated Entries in the bindings tab to a file named formTest.php. Now it shows a WA Validated Entries (createClientProfile.php) entry PLUS a WA Validated Entries (formTest.php) entry. The original clean file with only one entry was named createClientProfile.php. Tried deleting the wincache.dat file but that didn't change anything when restarting DW.

Any idea why either of these scenarios would cause this problem and is there a way I can fix it?

steve

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...