close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Repeat of an error experienced last week!!

Thread began 10/08/2009 8:12 am by Banksie | Last modified 10/09/2009 7:30 am by Ray Borduin | 2058 views | 5 replies |

Banksie

Repeat of an error experienced last week!!

Hi,

Last week I reported an error using SecurityAssist (incident number 108564) and now I get the same reported error whilst using DataAssist and following the tutorial (Link Sorting) from the DataAssist Support & Training page on your web site. I am receiving a series of errors when trying to assign filtered url parameters.

I have DA 2.0.6 and DWCS4.

The process I'm using is:

Add (Bindings Panel) > QueryString Binding - which brings up the "Filtered URL Parameters" box. I enter the parameter name (sort - in keeping with your examples and the parameters used on my page) which returns the message:

There are no QueryString bindings defined for this page.

When clicking OK to clear the dialog box the following error message appears:

The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
At line 746 of file "C:Prgram Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Shared\Controls\Scripts\WATrigger.js": WA_getDocumentDOM is not defined.

Which is exactly the same message received in the SA inicident reported last week.

A second attempt to add the behavior produces the error message:

While executing timer, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
In file "file:///C|/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/Configuration/Commands/WA_QueryString_Binding.htm": initializedUI is not defined

I have deleted the WinFileCache-####.DAT file as you suggested last week although, as then, the error still occurs.

Last week I seemed to be able to clear the problem by downloading and installing the lastest eCart however the problem has re-occurred.

Please advise soonest!!!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Did you make sure to close DW before deleting the winfilecache.dat file? The technique won't work with DW open, but it really sounds like the problem from your description.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Banksie

Yes! Several times now!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have opened an incident so that we can work with you directly to resolve this problem.

Please update the incident with a good phone number and time to contact you and we will have someone look into this with you directly.

surferdud246568

same problem

I am having the identical problem. I repeatedly close Dreamweaver, delete the winfilecache.dat file, and try again. Consistenly getting the same errors.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have also opened an incident for you. We will help you investigate and solve this problem, just update the incident with a good phone number and time to contact you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...