close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS menu writer, blocks other SpryAssets

Thread began 10/07/2009 2:05 pm by romeo370381 | Last modified 10/13/2009 11:40 am by romeo370381 | 8205 views | 10 replies |

romeo370381

CSS menu writer, blocks other SpryAssets

I have technical proglem with menu writer. As soon as I use it on a page, any other SpryAssets that I ad on that same page don't work, and that's really bad for my case. I am using dreamweaver CS4, I can only imagine that this might be a broken link somewhere, but I have no idea where to solve. Could you please provide me with a solution of some kind!

Romeo

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Do you have a link to the page that is experiencing this problem? What Spry Assets do you have on the page before the menu is applied and what is the menu you are working with? Please post back with these details so we can look into this further.

romeo370381

menu writer

I am using one of the horiozontal pre-made menu but modified just the colors, text and font to fit with my other designs. And after the moneu was on the page, all of my pages, I tried to ad a Spry open pannel, and put it's mode to all closed, so that the user can decide if they want to open it or not,

the spry on the page, but the function, self-close doens't work, it is appearing open as defaut, even though I am setting it to close.

index.html (go to this site to see the menu)

Eric Mittman

I was able to make a test page with a menu applied to it and a spry collapsible panel. I set the default of the panel to be closed. When I test this page the spry panel defaults to a closed state and when I click on it the panel opens.

When I viewed the pages on your site I was able to interact with the menu on the page but I did not see the spry objects to test. What is the specific menu you have applied to the page and what is the specific spry object on the page? I will do some more testing to see if I can find an issue. On the site you posted a link for how can I see this behavior occurring?

romeo370381

another example page

The place on the page, where it is written tab, that suppose to be spry collapsible panel,
archiv.html

and I clearly set the default to close for all. I tried the same panel on another page without the menu and it worked, so far as I know, there only reason is the presence of the menu and I would like to know how and why.

R

jon_upton

Have you intialised the collapsible panel?

Looking at your source you do not appear to have initialised the collapsible panel

You need to add this after the collapsible panel </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
var CollapsiblePanel1 = new Spry.Widget.CollapsiblePanel("CollapsiblePanel1");
</script>

For more information see point 8 at collapse_panel/

regards

Jon

romeo370381

worked

that solved it, thanks

R.

jon_upton

Glad to help

Good luck with your site

regards from a a very cold England

Jon

Cologne

How did you get the 1px white lines between the buttons. Only between and not on both sides?

Cheers
Denis

anonymous

Denis,

You could do this a number a ways... probably the easiest way is to just add a border of 1 px set to your desired color (white in this case). Then on your last menu item, you could make it so the menu spans the entire width and therefore the final 1 px white border becomes part of the "gutter" assuming you have a white gutter.

The other way to do this is to calculate the width of your entire menu when your finished adding all the buttons you will add. Let's say for example your background is grey... so you have a div holder that is the same height as your menu will be and this holder spans the entire width and has a background color set to the grey you want. Then nested inside that, you will have another div which will hold your menu. So to get the desired effect, you first get the width of the entire menu system. Pretend that with the borders, your menu width comes to 704 px. To cover up the last border, you would just need to make the "nested" div which holds the menu 703 px and then set the overflow to "hidden".

So in the end, your code looks like this (please note, I am using arbitrary names for example purposes only):

html:
<div id="menuHolder">
<div id="menuFocus">
<?php include_once ("menu"); ?>
</div>
</div>

Now for the styling:

html:
#menuHolder {
width: 800px;
height: 40px;
background: #333333;
}

#menuFocus {
width: 703 px;
height: 40px;
overflow: hidden;
}

Cheers,

Brian

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...