close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DFP2 won't work on new PC

Thread began 10/06/2009 8:59 am by kbettenc296716 | Last modified 10/20/2009 11:53 am by Jimmy Wu | 4655 views | 8 replies |

kbettenc296716

DFP2 won't work on new PC

I bought a new laptop, installed PHP and MySQL on the new PC, and Dreamweaver and all of my extensions. The pages created by DatAssist work fine, writing to the database, etc. except for the file uploads. The files are not uploaded nor are the filenames written to the database. I have tried DFP202 and then 201. Neither works. I also copied my Windows\php.ini from the old PC to the same place on the new PC, restarted but still no luck.

I have tried creating the files, adding the DFP code on my old PC, testing it where DFP works fine. I copy the same files over to the new PC and the DFP no longer works.

I'm at wits end, I just don't know what to look at next.

Thanks
Karen

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

first thing to check is to make sure the forms encoding type is set to multipart/form-data.

In design view, select the first text field. In the tag selector of Dreamweaver, select the form tag. Look in the property inspector for the form tag, and make sure the encoding type dropdown list is set to multipart/form-data.

If you still having a problem:
Double click the Insert Record server behavior, and remove the Redirect after insert.

Then go to the bindings panel, expand the WA Uploaded Files Global Status group and add the debug info binding to the page.

Also add the following at line 1 of the page for troubleshooting:

php:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

after testing, post back with the debug info and any errors that may be occurring and a copy of the page in a zip file so we can investigate the problem.

kbettenc296716

Debug info from insert_image page

I have attached file and Helper File, and the permissions for the Images folder. I think it is permissions related but don't know why.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\\Images\1e0820ec42b37a54ecd09d22b0a9d1e5_tmp.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 96

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'C:\Windows\Temp\php6FB9.tmp' to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\\Images\1e0820ec42b37a54ecd09d22b0a9d1e5_tmp.jpg' in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 96

Warning: copy(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\\Images\1e0820ec42b37a54ecd09d22b0a9d1e5_tmp.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 98

Warning: copy(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\\Images\1e0820ec42b37a54ecd09d22b0a9d1e5_tmp.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 98

Attached Files
HelperPHP.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yeah, its definitely a permissions problem, but it may not be the images folder, the error has the following in the path:
sandragregg\\Images\

there is an extra slash in that path.

Send a copy of the page you applied DFP to in a zip file so I can examine the setting you used.

kbettenc296716

These files work in production and on my old PC, so it seems to me to be a settings problem on my new PC. Something I didn't set up right in the IIS or something.

However, I tried inserting an image on a customer who pages I created before the change of laptop and it worked.

I have enclosed the insert_image, DFP help file. Let me know if you want any other files.

Attached Files
HelperPHP.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Try changing line 96 of WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php file:

php:
$theCopy = move_uploaded_file($uploadedFile["tmp_name"], $tmpFirstFilePath);

to:

php:
chmod($uploadedFile["tmp_name"], 0777);

chmod($tmpFirstFilePath, 0777);
$theCopy = move_uploaded_file($uploadedFile["tmp_name"], $tmpFirstFilePath);

and 98:

php:
$theCopy = copy($firstFile , $tmpFileNamePath);

to:

php:
chmod($firstFile, 0777);

chmod($tmpFileNamePath, 0777);
$theCopy = copy($firstFile , $tmpFileNamePath);

kbettenc296716

Debug info from insert_image page

I apologize, I thought I sent this last week. What I don't understand is why it only happens on this new PC and not my other laptop. It also works correctly on the production site. I have tried to check all the system settings between the 2 laptops and can't find anything different. Clearly I'm not looking at a setting which would set this right. Can you think of anything that I might have missed?

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No error in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 97

Warning: move_uploaded_file(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\\Images\fa957467aea039fd0e958ee33efeba41_tmp.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 98

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'C:\Windows\Temp\php56C9.tmp' to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\\Images\fa957467aea039fd0e958ee33efeba41_tmp.jpg' in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 98

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 101

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 102

Warning: copy(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\\Images\fa957467aea039fd0e958ee33efeba41_tmp.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 103

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 101

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 102

Warning: copy(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\\Images\fa957467aea039fd0e958ee33efeba41_tmp.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\sandragregg\WA_DigitalFilePro\HelperPHP.php on line 103

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue with you.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

Jimmy Wu

We were able to resolve this issue in a backend ticket. The PC Users permissions were not set to allow read/write which was causing the issue.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...