close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Rules based Show Region

Thread began 10/06/2009 5:30 am by Paul | Last modified 10/07/2009 2:35 pm by Eric Mittman | 1777 views | 3 replies |

PaulBeta Tester

Rules based Show Region

Hi,

I've created a user login system with profile update page using security assist.

One of the fields is a Profile Update alert which, when turned on, sends an email to the user if they have modified and saved their profile.

The Update option is a simple Yes/No menu populated by a recordset.

I have some dialogue outside the form that I only want to appear if the user has set the option to Yes - it does not need to be dynamic, so long as the text appears next time the user returns to their profile where the option is set to Yes.

Im using <?php echo $row_rsYesNo['YesNoValue']; ?> in the rule and comparing to a value = 1

If true, then the text should show. It does, but if I update the profile to No, then the recordset should return a value = 0 and the text should not appear, but it does!

Seen here http://mylocalpark.info/community/logIn.php
user: admin@crazyplum.com
pass: pass123

Hope makes sense.

Any guidance welcome.

Thanks, Paul.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This may be a silly question but what are the values you have stored in this column in your db? Also can you confirm the values of the select list, I was not able to view the page, I was getting to your error page.

So long as the values match up correctly it seems like it should work but without seeing the page in action or checking out the source it is hard to say what may be going wrong.

PaulBeta Tester

Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies, as I neglected to change the 'UserActive' field value to 1 for that test login. The default is zero when registering and fails when new users attempt to login.

Please try again, using same login details.

The select list values are

Label = Yes & Value =1
Label = No & Value =0

Either value is stored in the DB as an integer, depending on whicher is selcted by the user in their profile.

Eric Mittman

I'm still having trouble getting in and I think I will need a little more info about what is going on in the pages. I have opened a ticket for you on this. Please login to update the ticket by going to your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...