close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Deinstall Not Possible

Thread began 10/04/2009 8:33 am by Cologne | Last modified 10/05/2009 11:43 am by Ray Borduin | 1872 views | 5 replies |

Cologne

Deinstall Not Possible

Hi,

I need urgend help. I cant deinstall eCart. It takes HOURS and then it stop saying that there is still an IMAGE used by dreamweaver.

I cant ALWAYS delete the whole configuration folder.

HOW TO FIX THAT...!!!

Denis

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sometimes emptying your recycling bin will speed up uninstall. We are working with adobe to improve the extension manager performance and also working on an alternative installation and uninstall experience to try to fix the problem ourselves.

Usually the uninstall will complete if you close Dreamweaver first and be patient. Of course deleting the configuration folder is always an option, and unfortunately is ofent quicker than uninstalling, since installing happens very quickly. I'm not really sure why the extension manager takes so long to uninstall but installs so quickly, but unfortunately it can make deleting the configuration folder the most efficient technique.

We aplogize for the inconvenience and assure you that we will put considerable effort into addressing the problem.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Cologne

Hi Ray,

it doesnt unistall eCART. It stops with an error message that there is still an IMAGE used by DW.

And for sure I closed DW.

:-)

Cheers
Denis

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I just tried and had no problems. Maybe try restarting your computer and uninstalling again. Dreamweaver shouldn't be using any images while it is closed.

Cologne

Ray :-)

I tried 4 or 5 times.

I deleted the confic and just installed eCART.

It always says an IMAGE is still used. I will Uninstall it tonight during I sleep, and tomorrow morning I can tell you what IMAGE :-)

Denis

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please do. I just tried installing and uninstalling several times without issue. Make sure to include your dreamweaver version and operating system in your update and we can try to reproduce it further.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...