close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Limiting input in text field

Thread began 10/01/2009 7:54 pm by info72555 | Last modified 10/07/2009 10:25 am by Eric Mittman | 2706 views | 5 replies |

info72555

Limiting input in text field

I just created a form and everything is working great. I don't know what I did to the code but for some reason I cannot access the CSS control panel to make changes to the design.

At this point it does not really matter because all I need to do is allow for additional input for the text fields. When I tested the form, all of a sudden I could not enter any mnore text and the existing text was flashing red.

Would you please tell me where (and how) in the CSS I can make changes to allow for more text?

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I don't think that I have encountered an issue like this before. Do you have a link to the page in question so that we can take a look at it? It is difficult for me to fully understand what is going on with the page.

info72555

Link to form

I would greatly appreciate you having a look - thanks!
For some strange reason only the last text field appears to have a limit (after a bit than 2 lines of text) - not the first one...

RequestQuote.php

Eric Mittman

Ok, so it looks like the Special_requests_and_conditions text area you have on the form has some spry validation applied to it. It seems that there is a limit to the number of characters that are allowed to be entered. The best way to edit this would be to select the spry element selection for that text area, it should be a blue tab around the text area. When it comes up in the properties window you should see the current configuration and be able to make adjustments to it.

info72555

Thank you!!

I am VERY new to this and greatly appreciate your assistance.

May I ask another question? Because the link to my FB design control panel broke, I need to make one last change in the CSS code but I don't know where it is. I have originally selected Create from Blank and this form has a grey outline with rounded corners. I would like to remove it. Where can I find this code??

Thank you! :o)

Eric Mittman

I'm not sure what style is adding the border in but you can get rid of it by adding border: none; to the following style like this:

form.NewFromBlank_Default fieldset.NewFromBlank_Default {
border: none;
clear:both;
}

This style is located in CSSFormBuilder/FD_NewFromBlank_Default.css

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...