close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Before I buy: Access to MySQL

Thread began 9/30/2009 3:51 pm by julie383376 | Last modified 10/01/2009 10:46 am by Eric Mittman | 1583 views | 2 replies |

julie383376

Before I buy: Access to MySQL

I have a customer who I set up with a shopping cart YEARS ago. Her current cart uses ASP and an Access database. She has almost 3,000 items in her inventory.

She's having trouble with this outdated cart now, so I'm looking at options for her. One is to stay with the cart she uses, but upgrade. Another option is to switch PowerStore.

Her main concern is whether her inventory will all have to be re-entered into whichever new cart she goes with. (I haven't gotten an answer back yet with her current cart company.)

Now here is where I show my ignorance: can her inventory data somehow be imported (exported?) from Access to work in MySQL? I realize there are tables and "stuff" that will have to somehow match up, but will she have to re-enter everything one by one?

Thanks for your help!

~Fergie

Sign in to reply to this post

Office Guy-172461

Haven't used this but you might try:
3.0/

or you could try csv files.

Eric Mittman

In order to transfer items properly you should determine if the fields match what is needed by the PowerStore. This will help you figure out how much can be transfered and what must be changed, removed, or edited.

You can take a look at the PowerStore demo and look at one of the products update page to get a feel for what values are used in PowerStore and how it compares with the existing store. Here is a link to the PowerStore page, the demo is on the right side:

powerstore/

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...