close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DFP 2.0 Not uploading pdf

Thread began 9/30/2009 5:25 am by David Stringer | Last modified 10/02/2009 5:37 pm by Jason Byrnes | 6888 views | 17 replies |

David StringerBeta Tester

DFP 2.0 Not uploading pdf

I've not used DFP before but now have reason to use it to upload some pdf files. Unfortunately, I'm obviously missing something vital, as nothing is getting uploaded.

I've included 3 attachments showing what info I've used in the interface etc. I've also chmod the PDF folder on my server to 755 and even tried it at 777, but to no avail.

It is presently on the web at url [form.php]url

Hope someone can assist and TIA

Attached Files
debug.txt
Sign in to reply to this post

Jaffa

Remove the entries in file and default file, these will be replaced from the file that you upload. All should then work.

Originally Said By: Jaffa
  Remove the entries in file and default file, these will be replaced from the file that you upload. All should then work.  

Hi Jaffa,

Sorry, I should have explained that I have tried it with the fields empty and this also did not work! I've tried all sorts of combinations and none of them work, unfortunately.

Thanks anyway for your trouble.

Jaffa

Hi David,

Did you check to see if your form is MultiPart/formdata?? This is usually a common overlook.

- Dave

Hi Dave,

I've copied the form in this post and yes it is the multi-part/form_data. I'm not sure what this does??

Attached Files
form.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Are there any files in the PDF/ upload directory?

Can those be accessed through the browser?

I tried uploading an image named 1.jpg using your form, then browsing to :
1.jpg

this gave an error:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

In DFP, you should leave the file setting at the default:
[FileName]

to let dfp manage the name of the file that is uploaded.

Also, add the following at line 1 to make sure a PHP error is not occuring that is preventing the file upload:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

Hi Jason,

I removed all the files early on to see if I could upload without overwriting originally. I have now ftp'd a file to the server and this can be accessed under the navigation 'Entry Forms' - 'Collectors Corner'. I have just tried this and it downloads successfully.

I have now re-inserted the [FileName] and I have added the error reporting to the top of the page - I presume you mean before the 'require_once'?

I've also made a copy of the last few server errors to see if this might assist you.

I have just tried it again with all this in place and it concluded with a blank page and nothing!!

Thank you.

Sorry Jason,

Forgot to add the server errors into the file!!

Attached Files
server_errors.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

from the error log:
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/vhosts/stringer-family.co.uk/httpdocs/form.php on line 2, referer: form.php

please send a copy of the PHP page compressed into a zip file so I can look at line 2 to see why the error is occurring.

Zip file attached, thank you.

Attached Files
form.zip

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...