close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Javascript error when trying to set up new password page!!

Thread began 9/29/2009 6:53 am by Banksie | Last modified 10/06/2009 5:41 pm by madelectrical386948 | 4270 views | 12 replies |

Banksie

Javascript error when trying to set up new password page!!

Am getting the following error when using WA Security Assist to generate a new password (similar to the process described in the on-line video tutorial).

On selection of Server Behaviors > WA Cookies Toolkit > Set Session Value I get:-

"JavaScript error while loading WA eCart 01Session.htm:
At line 746 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\Configuration\Shared\Controls\Scripts\WATrigger.js": WA_getDocumentDOM is not defined"

Please don't say it's another corruption of my DWCS4 configuration file and that it needs to be deleted as with previous times following upgrading some of my WA extensions. That takes the best part of half a day to remove the reinstall all extensions etc.!!!!

Sign in to reply to this post

jenkolaka19379118

Me Too

I am getting the exact same problem since I upgraded the dot release. I am using dreamweaver cs3

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have crated tickets for both of you so We can look into the cause of this problem.

To view and edit your support tickets, log into the Support History page:
supporthistory.php?

madelectrical386948

awwwww,

I was hoping there was an answer here Jason. I am having the same problem.

thx

Mike D

jenkolaka19379118

Hi Mike,

The problem came from ecart for some reason. Once I installed the ecart dot release (the update version) it fixed that error.

madelectrical386948

Awesome, I will give that a try.

Thx jenkolaka

Mike

David CHnet.com

With all the different extension upgrades all the time I find that I reguarly have problems with one extension afetr installing another, and I am always careful to only install the "newer" versions of files.

The solution seems to mostly be one of two things ...

- quit DW, empty cache, restart DW, try again
- uninstall offending product, reinstall

and sometimes ...

- uninstall and reinstall eCart, which seems to walk over everything

David CHnet.com

Ironic

Ironically I have just been hit by exactly the same JavaScript error.

- uninstalled eCart
- wait 55 mins (thank you Adobe for making the extension manager so swift)
- tried again - all OK

Moral of this tale for me is not to install eCart. I never use it (it came bundled) and I only install it because I own it. All I ever seem to do with it is uninstall/install when I have issues with WA product/code versions. And as we all know, that takes an age ...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There is no reason to install an extesnion if you dont use it. I recommend only installing extensions that you are going to use, when you launch Dreamweaver, it will look for any extensions that you have installed to create menus for them which will increase the load time. Installing extensions you dont use will only increase the time it takes Dreamweaver to load.

David CHnet.com

Installations

Many thanks, Jason!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...