close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Out Of Date

Thread began 9/26/2009 2:00 am by billing341272 | Last modified 9/30/2009 6:28 pm by billing341272 | 3670 views | 9 replies |

billing341272

Out Of Date

Several Links in the PayPal Extension are being reported as old and out of date. Any updates forthcoming??? Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Just running a quick test with this I did not find any bad links in the PayPal Toolkit extension. What are the links you are getting the errors reported with?

billing341272

Who Knows

Just purchased the Adobe Master Collection and was using DW CS4 when trying to insert a pay now button and got misc. errors. Crap. I don't know...just tried again and everything appears to be working. Maybe PayPal was experiencing problems...or my computer got confused because it actually has some up to date software. Thanks for the quick response! I'll revive this thread should it turn out to NOT be a figment of my imagination.

Eric Mittman

Ok, no problem. Definitely let us know if you get any more errors with it or any other problems you may be having with the tool and we will be glad to look into it further for you.

billing341272

REVIVED...screenshot attached

OK...what is this telling me? The "error" and the list items running off at the bottom? Using version 4.2 in DW CS4...FYI, I DID NOT reinstall extensions but rather used the "migrate extensions" from CS2. Thanks, Bob

Attachment in next post

billing341272

Has attachment...CRAP!

OK here's the attachment

Eric Mittman

Ok, thanks for that it clears things up a bit. If you are using v4.2 this is the problem. This version was not meant to be compatible with CS4. The latest available release for this tool at the time of this post is 4.5.3. This version should work in CS4 without issue. Please login to the site and visit your download center to obtain this latest release. You will need to uninstall the previous version before installing this newer one.

billing341272

MORE QUESTIONS on extension versions

Thank you...yes that clears it up! NOW...It is interesting because before everything I downloaded (including free tools) was in my downloads area UNTIL the website update...now my PayPal tools are listed there since I just now downloaded them. Here's the question: What else am I going to have problems with now that I am completely CS4...used to be completely CS2. I have to admit that the customer version control experience is somewhat frustrating at the least. Perhaps someone can write a guide to us folks that DO upgrade applications as to what extensions need replacing or upgrading. I COMPLETELY rely on the download area to compare my versions in my extension manager to your versions. Also whether to migrate extensions or completely do a fresh installation of extensions....just crap like that so workflows don't get interupted in the middle of a design. One last thought...now that I have incorporated the old version of paypal and uninstalled the old version from my CS4 extension manager and installed the new version, I have to go back through code and remove the old to incorporate the new....would be nice to have a Remove Extension Feature from your design. IOW...when I open my design and open the new PayPal tool it indicates that an old version was used and do you want to remove or update code to the new version....kinda like an uninstall feature...just a thought. Bob

Eric Mittman

If you have updated to the latest version of DW then you should most definitely make sure that you are only using the latest version of the extension which will always be available to you from the download area. When you refer to DW CS2 I will assume that you mean DW8 since there was no DW CS2. Since DW8 there have been some significant changes to some of the extensions and the older versions will not function properly in newer versions of DW. The version will always be listed in the download area under the extension. I will pass along your suggestion about re-incorporating the purchased version info and also the code update check feature you discussed.

billing341272

Thank you...close thread

Thank you Eric...it has been a pleasure. In re: I meant DW CS3...I was scared of DW8 and loved MX2004...yes, all extensions are latest but as I said the PayPal tools didn't make it into my account when WA upgraded site until now...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...