close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Question over Multiple Client_Insert pages

Thread began 9/25/2009 11:02 am by minindy388290 | Last modified 8/18/2014 8:28 am by Jason Byrnes | 3363 views | 5 replies |

minindy388290

Question over Multiple Client_Insert pages

Hello, I am trying to create multiple client_insert pages due to the fact that I do not want all of the customer input fields on one page. My question is how do I connect client_insert pages? I have already created the first page and would like to create a next button at the bottom to go to the next page to keep entering information.... however I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to do that. If anyone has any tips for me I would greatly appreciate it!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when creating a form that spans multiple pages, you need to use hidden form elements to capture the information from the previous page.

for example:

on the first page the form will look like:

php:
<form id="form1" method="post"  action="">

First Name
  <input type="text" name="FName" id="FName" />  
  <br />
  Last Name
  <input type="text" name="LName" id="LName" />  
  <br />  
  <input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit" />  
</form>

on the second page, there will be hidden form elements to capture the first name and last name, as well text boxes to enter new information such as billing address:

php:
<form id="form1" method="post"  action="">

Address
    <input type="text" name="address" id="address" />
    <br />
    City
    <input type="text" name="city" id="city" />
    <br />
    State
    <input type="text" name="state" id="state" />
    <br />
    Zip Code
    <input type="text" name="zip" id="zip" />
    <br />
    <input name="FName" type="hidden" id="FName" value="<?php echo((isset($_POST["FName"]))?$_POST["FName"]:""?>" />  
    <input name="LName" type="hidden" id="LName" value="<?php echo((isset($_POST["LName"]))?$_POST["LName"]:""?>" /> 
  <br />  
    <input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit" />  
</form>

anonymous

Form builder on steriods

I will attached a file of a typical farm application. Please note... If a prospect has more than one home on the farm and more than one Barn on the farm, I would need to be able to have a " Add another home" "Add another Barn" function as well.

Thank tremendously

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

with the complexity of this form, I would use security assist to have the person first create an account, and login.

this is a very cumbersome form to have on one page, and you will want a way to track the information to the person.

When the person logs in their ID is stored in a session variable.

I would break the form into smaller chunks and have a separate page for each piece of the form, on each page, store the form data to a database table using the insert record behavior, each form will insert to a different table.

each table should have a column to store the users ID session to relate the data being inserted to the user.

on the main users page, have links to each form

the user could use the barn insert page to add multiple barns
or use the home insert page to add multiple homes.

info298111

5-page form

I have a 5-page form with 5 upload fields on form5. Uploads are stored in a database etc.
When starting the record ID is retrieved. When moving from page 1 to page 2 the existing record and previously uploaded files are deleted to prevent info being mixed.
Following this guide, I can bring form contents from form1 to form2. That works fine, but it will be lost on form3. On form3 only the contents from form 2 are transferred. I need to have the data persistent until page 5 where all data inserted will be mailed.
Pse advice

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

store the data from each into session variables, the sessions will persist from page to page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...