close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

What happened to my preset values?

Thread began 9/24/2009 9:15 pm by Stevebo | Last modified 9/25/2009 12:34 pm by Eric Mittman | 1080 views | 1 replies |

Stevebo

What happened to my preset values?

So I inserted a form chose my form type, then the preset I saved, then the design that I used to create a form previously. The form shows up as I created it, BUT, all the font/point settings I had made for the form, labels, fieldset, legend, and combo group were all gone. Also all the stuff I entered for the fieldset backgrounds and legend positioning was also gone. It appears that it reverted back to the default values that were associated with the Registration form. What could have happened to these settings given that I always saved as a preset?

steve

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

When you are customizing the design and save a preset it will be specific to that design. If you edit your custom preset for the design you will need to overwrite the existing one with your updated one.

When I do this I'm able to use the custom preset for my design without issue. After I create the form on the page I can then edit the design directly, or choose the preset to edit from the edit form option.

In regards to the preset you created for the design can you see it as the selected design preset? When you edit the preset does it have all of your edits or the defaults? Did you ever edit the default and save it over your custom preset? Please post back with some more info on these so that we can try to determine what may be going on with what you are experiencing. Something else that may be helpful would be to go into the preset manager and export the design that you made a custom preset for. I should be able to import this and take a look at it.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...