close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Universal Email (Coldfusion C3)

Thread began 9/23/2009 11:49 am by kcowan1266862 | Last modified 9/24/2009 5:22 pm by Eric Mittman | 3388 views | 4 replies |

kcowan1266862

Universal Email (Coldfusion C3)

Until this point, I have been able to resolve issues using this form and WebAssist's great support resources. However, this Universal Email extension is giving me a fit. Fixing one problem causes another; quite a viciouscycle. I have uploaded a copy of one of the pages that I can't seem to fix. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attached Files
programChange.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

Just by taking a look at the page I can see that theres seems to be a problem with a literal value that is being used near line 213

<cfset MailTo = WAUE_getAddressString("#IIf(isDefined(")>

What is the version of UE you are using and the version of DW you are working with? When you are crafting the email message what steps are you taking? It looks as though there may be some duplicate content that has been pasted into the body of the message.

Also what is the exact error you are getting when you attempt to run the page?

kcowan1266862

Tracing My Steps

I am using Dreamweaver CS3, Coldfusion 8, and UE 3.0.6. I went back and traced my steps. I can run UE (do everything except the Body tab) and the form works fine; submits a blank page to both email accounts. Once I run the DWEdit function on the Body tab (even though I do not add anything), the form will not work; it will not even open. I have uploaded a Word document containing the GOOD CODE (before I run DWEdit) and the BAD CODE (after I run DWEdit). The Word document also contains a copy of the Error Screens I get when I attempt to open the page. Screen One is the first Error Message I receive.

Notice in rows 4 & 5, there is a missing quotation mark in DE(") :
ToString(IIf(isDefined("Form.studentName"),"Form.studentName",DE("))) & "|WA|" & ToString(IIf(isDefined("Form.emailAddress"),"Form.emailAddress",DE("))) & "")>
Is this something that is going to happen everytime I use the extension, or is there a fix?

I fix that and get the Screen Two message. Not seeing a problem with the code named in the Error message, I move on.

The code between the </cfsilent><cfsilent> tag is produced by running the DWEdit, but I don&#8217;t know if it is causing a problem.
</cfsilent><html><h#"ea"#d></h#"ea"#d><b#"od"#y>
</b#"od"#y></html><cfsilent>

Running DWEdit seems to remove information from the following tag:
Before:
<cfset MailTo = WAUE_getAddressString("#IIf(isDefined("Form.emailAddress"),"Form.emailAddress",DE(""))#")>
After:
<cfset MailTo = WAUE_getAddressString("#IIf(isDefined(")>

Any suggestions?

kcowan1266862

Attachment

Sorry about that.

Attached Files
CODE.zip

Eric Mittman

I'm having some trouble getting the same result as you so I have opened a ticket for you so that we can look into this issue further. Please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history to update the ticket. Please also post back here with a copy of the page that when you do not add anything to the body tab and also include a copy of the Universal Email folder. I will do some testing and checking of your pages to try and determine what is going wrong.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...