close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Multiple Shipping based on Country

Thread began 9/23/2009 2:27 am by georgina_barrett_187762 | Last modified 9/30/2009 3:02 pm by Eric Mittman | 2941 views | 7 replies |

georgina_barrett_187762

Multiple Shipping based on Country

I need to set up 3 rates
UK-free
Europe-2.50
Rest of the world-4.95

I know I need to do this via the rules manager. I have set uk the UK rule. My question is for the Europe rule do I need to set individual rules for each country in europe. Also on the rest of the world rule do I need to set a rule that calculates if the shipping country isn't uk or countries in europe seperately (ie if it isn't UK, FR, DE etc)

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You will need to set this up with different rules, but you can include multiple conditions in these rules. So for your 'Europe" shipping rule you can have the condition check to see if the country is a particular European country, or another.

So instead of having rules for each European country you will just have the three rules. Inside of the European rule and the rest of the world rule you will just specify the European countries each as a condition for the rule so that if it matches any of them it will trigger one or the other rule. Like you noted in the rest of the world rule you will also have to list the UK option. I'm including a screen shot of what the multiple conditions might look like as an example.

georgina_barrett_187762

Thank you - I have set up the 3 rules UK - free, Europe - 2.95, Worldwide - 4.95. However when I go to the shopping cart (before entering any shipping details) it displays shipping of 4.95.

On the UK rule I set 'if session variable exists' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] AND 'if session variable' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] = GB

On the Europe rule I set 'if session variable exists' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] AND 'if session variable' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] = AT
OR 'if session variable' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] = BE
'if session variable' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] = BG ....etc

On the Worldwide rule I set 'if session variable exists' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] AND 'if session variable' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] != GB
OR 'if session variable' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] = AT
'if session variable' [eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country] = BE ....etc

As far as I can work out none of these should show in the cart until they go through to checkout and enter a shipping country.

georgina_barrett_187762

I think I have cracked it. All the worldwide rules needs to be AND all the way through as it != (not equal to)

Eric Mittman

Glad to hear it, the discount and charge rules in eCart are pretty flexible but can sometimes require a little bit of Algebra like thinking to get it worked out.

georgina_barrett_187762

I thought I had cracked it as no shipping costs were showing up on the cart page (as no shipping country value had been set) but unfortunately no shipping costs are calculated at all. When I go to the confirm page after selecting a european country - no shipping is calculated.

I tested it by changing the UK rule to display a flat rate of 1 and selected the shipping country to GB but no shipping was calculated. I have checked I am using the correct variable by adding <?php echo $_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country']; ?> to the confirm page and it did display GB.

georgina_barrett_187762

This post has been deleted.

Eric Mittman

I have gone ahead and opened a ticket for you on this issue so that we can share files securely. Please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history to update the ticket, I have requested some specific files of yours to help me determine what may be causing the shipping to not work correctly.

Eric Mittman

I have responded to your support ticket with what I have discovered. It seems that you have the rules setup correctly but in them you are referencing the shipping country variable with the brackets around it like this:

[eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country]

It is the brackets that is throwing things off. You should just use the value directly and not include the brackets like this:

eCartCheckoutForm_shipping_country

To test this I updated your UK rule like so and was able to see the charge in the cart.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...