close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

does 'load to <DIV>' loose/drop passed $_POST array data from a form going into a bootstrap4 based modal, i seem to only show last item in array!?

Thread began 12/19/2022 12:25 pm by asarcona308398 | Last modified 12/22/2022 1:26 pm by Ray Borduin | 96 views | 5 replies |

asarcona308398

does 'load to <DIV>' loose/drop passed $_POST array data from a form going into a bootstrap4 based modal, i seem to only show last item in array!?

I try to use the framework builder client-side behavior --> load to div in a bootstrap modal and it seems to post only the last item in the array.
If I create a simple form and post to the plugin page everything works.... only in the bootstrap modal does it fail....
I'm thinking a javascript conflict.
I have attached the 2 files

***** UPDATE ******
I have also Included the database file

Attached Files
CopySweetCarolina12-19-2022.zip
Menu_dev.zip
product_modal.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd have to debug this live. If you give me a URL to reproduce and FTP access then I can see what is going on. I've used framework builder ajax with bootstrap and haven't had issues, but I'm not sure what other javascript and css might be involved.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

asarcona308398

Hey Ray
the site is in development but you are more than welcome to have a look via screenshare

asarcona308398

Hey Ray
Doing some basic debug work starting from a new basic bootstrap file based on 4.4.1 I can see that the repeat regions are where the script stops running. The POST data is on the plugin page as it is used in the first query... which returns the Product Name, but it seems to be lost for the subsequent queries.... I'm going to try to work in a $_GET on the page and see if the queries will continue......

-----UPDATE-----

Well, after trying to re-position the subsequent queries and the nested query, and as well as moving to a fresh bootstrap5 page and modal......

Same Results!!

I don't want to go through a re-install of databridge because the pages work when no modal is present... page seems to die after the first query :(
I'm using this for a restaurant based site similar to that of menufy... the modal would hold the 'add to cart button' as well as the selections ...

Very Frustrating!
Any Help would much appreciated

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We were able to resolve this in a 30 minute screen sharing session. The issue came down to using repeated <form> tags instead of a single form so you can keep track of which hidden form element to use.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

asarcona308398

Ray

Thank you so much for the help!
I changed the index from the repeated region you added, and just added my productID' repeated region column from the same repeat region... just for some identification in the future if a problem arose....Works the same!

Best of luck and Happy Holidays!!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...