close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

sending a mailing creating multiple send receipts

Thread began 10/26/2022 9:53 am by yogastudents362523 | Last modified 11/08/2022 9:43 am by Ray Borduin | 463 views | 4 replies |

yogastudents362523

sending a mailing creating multiple send receipts

Hello,

I am asking you first, because you are much easier to deal with than the Support Ticket people at my email hosting.

I have just sent out a mailing using PowerMessenger, and for the first time ever, I got in my Send folder a copy and so receipt for every single individual mailing that went out on the list.

This has never happened before, and so I suspect that it's something occurring at the email host, rather than anything in PowerMessenger itself. I of course do not see anything in the settings dialogue box and options that would account for this behaviour.

I will leave the PowerMessenger location and credentials in the private area in case examining those will reveal any information.

Thank you

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Gmail does that automatically. I don't think you can prevent that in the code... you are just going to get a copy of those emails in your sent folder as long as you use gmail to send them.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

yogastudents362523

Thank you. That's a help.

I did not use gmail to send them. However, the lady who is assisting me does use Yahoo, and the account that she uses with me is forwarded through Yahoo because it was easier for her.

So I will assume that yahoo does the same as gmail. That is my working hypothesis, and I will check what's going on in the next mailing. I will make sure she does it from my own usual account in the future; and hope that fixes it.

Thank you.

yogastudents362523

Hello,

I just sent out another mailing using this specific installed instance of PowerMessenger. This instance did the same again. Every individual mailing got its distinct send receipt. I was also careful, before doing the send, to create a completely fresh email address to use as the "Send" email for the mailing.

I did, however, do a different mailing on my different installed instance of PM and that did not replicate this issue.

Is there any other reason, apart from the gmail one you mentioned (which I figured might also affect Yahoo) that this might be happening?

Thank you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No. I think it is the email service that is automatically creating that send receipt for you. If you use a different FROM address and a different SMTP server, then the results may be different.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...