close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't process Payments

Thread began 9/22/2009 2:21 pm by warrenphillips25336771 | Last modified 10/14/2009 1:33 pm by Jimmy Wu | 5420 views | 18 replies |

warrenphillips25336771Beta Tester

Can't process Payments

I have my store sort of set up right now, I have secured the pages that are needed, whe i add an item to the cart and click to go to the next stage, it redirects to me saying my cart is empty, any ideas?

the website is www.beadsandjewellerymaking.co.uk try adding a product and going through the checkout process.

Sign in to reply to this post

quick note

it does add to cart but the cart seems to empty itself,

Jimmy Wu

It looks like the items added to cart are lost when transitioning from the non-secured page to the secured pages. If you add the items to the cart while using the https, the items are added to the cart and retained when checking out. Is it possible to run the product pages and cart pages from the secure site as well?

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  It looks like the items added to cart are lost when transitioning from the non-secured page to the secured pages. If you add the items to the cart while using the https, the items are added to the cart and retained when checking out. Is it possible to run the product pages and cart pages from the secure site as well?  

don't understand why it would do that, surely this must be a bug with the solution, To run the whole site through the secure site will involve alot of work, according to the forums only 6 pages needed securing. Is there a work around on this?

still not working

Hi jimmy

ok so i changes the globals file and pointed it to my secure server, this did not work, any other ideas?

Jimmy Wu

What is not working currently? Is it the same issue or is it a different issue?

the payment page is still not working, in the globals file i pointed the site root to the secure server like you said but it still goes to the unsecure side, other than that i do not want to go spending my day changing all the links on the site to include the https:

so if this does not work where do i go from here?

Jimmy Wu

What settings do you have specified for these variables in the globals file: $WAGLOBAL_Root_URL, $WAGLOBAL_localRoot, and $WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot?

<?php
$WAGLOBAL_Root_URL = "https://web113.secure-secure.co.uk/beadsandjewellerymaking.co.uk/" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Site_Name = "beads and jewellery making" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Address = "Unit 2, CPS Center, Common Lane";
$WAGLOBAL_City = "Culceth";
$WAGLOBAL_State = "Warrington";
$WAGLOBAL_Zip = "WA3 4EH";
$WAGLOBAL_Country = "UK";
$WAGLOBAL_GoogleAPIKey = "";
$WAGLOBAL_localRoot = "/";
$WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot = "https://web113.secure-secure.co.uk/beadsandjewellerymaking.co.uk/";

Jimmy Wu

It doesn't seem to go to the non-secure site when I test your pages, but the links are not going to the correct location. The links should be setup based on the global file settings.

Try changing the $WAGLOBAL_localRoot and $WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot to "/beadsandjewellerymaking.co.uk/" and see if this helps.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...