close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

error when trying to create a MySQLi dB connection

Thread began 8/09/2022 1:13 pm by randyrie405335 | Last modified 9/15/2022 12:00 pm by Ray Borduin | 180 views | 8 replies |

randyrie405335

error when trying to create a MySQLi dB connection

This post has been deleted.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It has to be an issue with your Dreamweaver site definition. Most likely the website URL setting for your Testing Server.

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

randyrie405335

getting the same issue - only a different error

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have 4 email server behaviors on the page from earlier testing probably. I'd delete all of them except the last one since that appears to be the one you are working on.

You have the FROM address set to the email entered in the form. That will almost always get blocked as spam. You should probably be using a from address that is an actual email address from your website like @yourdomain.com so it won't get blocked as spam. You can use the email address from the form as the ReplyTo address.

If it still doesn't work after you make those changes, post back and I'll go in with FTP and try to debug it more.

randyrie405335

Sorry - I didn't explain my issue better

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, this is usually an issue with your testing server settings. Can you send me a screenshot of that? I'd have to do screen sharing with you to debug it since it is likely an issue with your Dreamweaver configuration and not the site or server.

randyrie405335

randyrie405335

Can we screen share?

I still cannot get DataBridge v2 to create a successful insert data form. When I submit, a record row is added but no data from the form's text fields. I'm attaching the form. Could you review and let me know why the GUI isn't working? I've rebuilt the form several times but nothing seems to work for me {I'm now using a PC running Xampp on Windows 11)

Attached Files
incl-register.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your form is set to POST, but your form bindings are set to $_GET. You may have changed the form method after doing the bindings.

To fix the problem, just do a find and replace to update any $_GET to $_POST.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...