close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

checkout page issues

Thread began 7/03/2022 6:48 pm by yogastudents362523 | Last modified 7/07/2022 1:30 pm by Ray Borduin | 428 views | 14 replies |

yogastudents362523

checkout page issues

ISSUE 1:

This particular checkout page will not load.

I get a message saying:

"This page isn’t working right nowwww.navayogimarga.com can't currently handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500"

ISSUE 2:
I will be taking in a LOT of credit card transactions from abroad. That is to say, foreign telephone numbers, foreign addresses, foreign zip and area codes, and etc.

Is there a "best practice" for the various validation fields bearing in mind the great international variability, or should I just remove all those validations, which then seems somewhat problematic?

I can't be the first person with this issue.

URL concerned in private area of upcoming post.

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

yogastudents362523

underneath, please

yogastudents362523

Hi

I now believe that this checkout page not working error is due to the same issues that have just made the "contact.php" page non-functional also.

I believe that one or another helper webassist script is the cause, because as soon as I went back, out of curiosity, to test the contact page that had not been working, it, also, is now not working, and the only things that have changed is me having recently re-installed all my extensions due to having purchased a new laptop.

If that is correct, then I shall re-download every script in sight so all those on my local computer are replaced with your on-server corrections.

Thank you for your kindness.
KAB

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It was probably the same email issue you had on your contact.php page. I've fixed that issue. Please let me know if your checkout is working properly now.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

yogastudents362523

Thank you.
The checkout page now loaded.
I will assume that everything else is working OK.
I am grateful
KAB

yogastudents362523

I am still concerned, however, with my "ISSUE 2" above??

The majority of my ticket sales will be to people in foreign locations: Europe, Asia, China, Africa, Australia etc.

Foreign zip and area codes
Foreign telephone numbers,
Foreign street addresses

etc.

Best practices?

Excepting only first, last, and email addresses, then would you recommend removing all other validations?

Thank you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'd say just move to non-blank validation for phone, zip, and address. The differences in those fields across countries make specific validation difficult.

yogastudents362523

I eventually went to test the checkout page.
And that particular page refused to load the "payment info" section where one could enter credit card information.
And after filling in address inforation, it would not then advance.

I then decided that my best option was to use the checkout wizard to rebuild all the pages from scratch.

Then when I uploaded, the new checkout page had both sections on the same page, each with its independent button.

When I hit the "submit" button by the credit card information section at the top of the page, I got a white page with credit card info on and nothing further, and that would not let me do anything.

And if I tried hitting the "Continue" button where name and address were input, the checkout page just hung immediately with a wheel going round and round indefinitely.

Thank you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you haven't uploaded the file:
webassist/framework/ajax_wrapper.php

Try uploading that file and see if that fixes your checkout page.

yogastudents362523

That seems to have done it, thank you so much,

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...