close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Creating a new Data Assist page

Thread began 6/18/2022 7:09 am by john70964 | Last modified 6/22/2022 3:04 pm by Ray Borduin | 287 views | 12 replies |

john70964

Creating a new Data Assist page

Hi Ray
When trying to create a new DataAssist page
I create a new page which I open
I then open Webassist > Security Assist > Database > Data Assist pages and get the attached image detail.
I have tried a restart but this made no difference.

Thanks for any advice John

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Close dreamweaver and delete the winfilecache.dat file in the user's configuration folder. Then open Dreamweaver again. This looks like a cached issue.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

john70964

Thanks for the prompt reply Ray.

I cleared the cache and then tried to create a new insert page via webassist/database/dataassistpages/
The wizard opened OK but when I generated the new page I received a numbers of error messages.
I tried the proceedure several times with the same result.

Regards

John

BTW
If I open these images on this page they are very small.
The originals are normal size

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try reinstalling DataBridge. If you still have issues, give me a call monday and I'll do screen sharing to debug it and see what is going on.

john70964

Hi Ray,
That's working a lot better now so I will investigate further and let you know how I get on.
Thanks for the help.

John

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please attach a copy of the page and I'll see if I can spot the problem. Just to be clear, you are reporting that after doing an insert, the values in the database don't match the values you selected from the insert page, correct?

Usually that is an issue with the bindings from the insert record server behavior. If you attach the page, I can take a look.

john70964

Apologies for the Overlook and Thanks
"reporting that after doing an insert, the values in the database don't match the values you selected from the insert page, correct"
That is correct.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your insert server behavior is bound to the recordset values and not the form values.

See lines: 73, 74, 77, and 83

They should all be set to update from the $_POST values for the select lists, not the recordset values.

john70964

Line 73
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("Category1", "s", "".($rsCatBoats->getColumnVal("Category")) ."", "WA_DEFAULT");

So line 73 become as below
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("Category1", "s", "".($_POST["Category"]) ."", "WA_DEFAULT"); ?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, that looks right.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...