close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Would this be a piece of cake? (presales question)

Thread began 9/22/2009 1:43 am by olle189996 | Last modified 9/22/2009 10:09 am by Justin Nemeth | 1396 views | 2 replies |

olle189996

Would this be a piece of cake? (presales question)

Hi.
I'm rebuilding an existing site.
I have to make the inner content colums liquid of the same height. Expanding with the content.

I'm thinking of doing this pure CSS layout. And wonder if this layout would be any problem to fix in CSS sculptor.

Logo and navigation would be in a header and the small logo in a footer that follow the height of the content.

Also, the white background is static width and centerd in the browser. But should also expand the height.

Problems might be the frame border surrounding the content. And the dividing line between the two columns in the frame.

Look at attachement for a sketch.

Regards
olle

Sign in to reply to this post

lon.winters301855Beta Tester

I'm no expert in CSS and have only started using Sculptor myself, but I think you should be able to start with one of the provided layouts and build your site without too many problemes including the borders and dividers.

One thing I'm not sure about tho is the menu in the header. You may want to use CSS menu writer and create a horizontal menu, or keep it as it looks - but still use a css menu. That way you'll be 100% CSS.

Justin Nemeth

CSS Sculptor will work well for this design. You would start with the 2 column left sidebar layout and then customize a few things. You can adjust things like padding and margin to get it to look like your image.

In the header, you could use CSS Menu Writer if you need a full menu. Otherwise, you could add some div tags using Sculptor to achieve a similar effect.

-justin

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...