close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

dataassist search

Thread began 5/05/2022 3:48 pm by msmoose2400634 | Last modified 5/06/2022 1:31 pm by Ray Borduin | 212 views | 7 replies |

msmoose2400634

dataassist search

I have a page (http://mussolinetestserver.site/admin/EditAllMembersList.php) that list our current members. When a member's name is clicked the member's unique id (persSeq) is passed in the URL; this page should open displaying the member's information http://mussolinetestserver.site/admin/EditByStaffProfilePage.php?persSeq=678

but I get an error message "Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_fields() on bool in /home3/q300119/mussolinetestserver.site/webassist/mysqli/rsobj.php:219 Stack trace: #0 /home3/q300119/mussolinetestserver.site/admin/EditByStaffProfilePage.php(26): WA_MySQLi_RS->execute() #1 {main} thrown in /home3/q300119/mussolinetestserver.site/webassist/mysqli/rsobj.php on line 219"

I have tried it to different ways; one using
mySQLi Search
and a recordset rs_member
SELECT *
FROM v_MemberProfile
WHERE persSeq = colname (Name=Colname; Type=Integer; Default -1, Runtime Value=<?php echo ($_GET['persSeq']); ?>

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Maybe the connection isn't working or is too low on the page? Can you attach the page? I can see if I can spot the problem.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

msmoose2400634

Thank you!

Thanks
I have attached the page that list all of the members (http://mussolinetestserver.site/admin/EditAllMembersList.php); and the page that when the user clicks on the name it opens this page (http://mussolinetestserver.site/admin/EditByStaffProfilePage.php?persSeq=790) BTW the correct persSeq is being passed to the URL.

Attached Files
EditAllMembersList.php
EditByStaffProfilePage.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What happens when you run this query in phpMyAdmin:

SELECT v_MemberProfile.* FROM v_MemberProfile WHERE v_MemberProfile.persSeq = -1

It looks like the parameter didn't get set right. on line 24 you have:
$rs_member->bindParam("i", "".(isset($_GET[''])?$_GET['']:"") ."", "-1"); //WAQB_Param1

It looks like it should be:
$rs_member->bindParam("i", "".(isset($_GET['persSeq'])?$_GET['persSeq']:"") ."", "-1"); //WAQB_Param1

msmoose2400634

I made the changes and see that I did forgot to enter the url variable that I wanted to pass; but I still get this error:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_fields() on bool in /home3/q300119/mussolinetestserver.site/webassist/mysqli/rsobj.php:219 Stack trace: #0 /home3/q300119/mussolinetestserver.site/admin/EditByStaffProfilePage.php(25): WA_MySQLi_RS->execute() #1 {main} thrown in /home3/q300119/mussolinetestserver.site/webassist/mysqli/rsobj.php on line 219

I have attached my modified page

Attached Files
EditByStaffProfilePage.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What happens when you run this query in phpMyAdmin:

SELECT v_MemberProfile.* FROM v_MemberProfile WHERE v_MemberProfile.persSeq = -1

try adding this before line 25:

die($rs_member->debugSQL());

What is the result?

msmoose2400634

when I ran the script phpMyAdmin and this was the result:: MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0060 seconds.)

I add the line die($rs_member->debugSQL());

and two things happened:
#1) the recordsset server behaviour disappeared in the left panel but the code was still in the page
#2) this is what was displayed when I clicked on the persons name and the EditByStaffProfile.php
SELECT v_MemberProfile.* FROM v_MemberProfile WHERE v_MemberProfile.persSeq = 789 LIMIT 1

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I did some research and found that there is a bug where Prepared statements don't work in MySQLi when using views in some versions of MySQL.

If you add this:
$rs_member->Prepared = false;

Then it should allow the recordset to load properly. This will only be necessary when your recordset uses ->bindParam() and it uses a view and not a standard table.

I've added the change to your recordset since I found FTP information and it seems to have fixed the page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...