close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

an unidentified error has occured

Thread began 4/10/2022 5:12 pm by rebuilt157571 | Last modified 4/25/2022 2:10 pm by Ray Borduin | 694 views | 10 replies |

rebuilt157571

an unidentified error has occured

Not sure what changed but I am having problems with databases on all of my websites. If I open a php page, and then open the recordset for that page, it makes the connections fine. Testing the connection is OK. The recordset shows the connection and all of the tables in the database, but if I click on "TEST" I get a dreamweaver error message that says "an unidentified error has occurred" I have checked the URL of the site and made sure the testing server setting are the same as the Website URL. I host on GoDaddy, and all of my domain names recently had the ssl certificates updated via auto ssl. Not sure if that is causing the problem.
I am using Dreamweaver CS6 and the current version of Webassist Databridge

Thanks for your help

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you go to your Testing Server settings in your Dreamweaver site definition, do you have https:// in your Website URL settings? If you just added ssl, you may need to update the url to https://

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

rebuilt157571

The ssl has been active for some time, it just recently renewed. GoDaddy uses and auto ssl for all of its domains and it just recently renewed all of my domains. Now every site that uses a database creates the same error message. I have tried changing the URL setting to use https: and with http: neither will work. I can edit and upload static webpages and the sites seem to work OK. Don't know what to do short of having the ssl certificates removed from all of my sites.

I can create a record set, the connection works fine, I can see all of the tables and the data in the tables. but if I click "test" I get the error. Clicking OK creates the recordset but instead of displaying the columns in the table it gives the error message "and unidentified error has occured"

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please export and send your Dreamweaver site definition. I should be able to import that to reproduce the error so I can debug it.

rebuilt157571

Hi Ray The site ste file is attached. Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It seems to work for me. I downloaded the Connections folder, then I downloaded the Car_Show_Calendar.php page. I opened the Events recordset and clicked 'test' and the database information was displayed.

Maybe try reinstalling Databridge to get the latest version. Its possible your connection files were overwritten by another extension.

rebuilt157571

Hi Ray, I did have the current version of Databridge installed, however i uninstalled databridge and reinstalled. Still had the same problems, for a while, then for some reason I was able to click the test and it worked fine. Was able to see all of the info in the database.
Went to test the site and the results page and insert page both work fine. The update page will not work. I am really confused as I have created many of the pages in the past with no problem. Sending you test files.

rebuilt157571

Been playing with this to try and figure it out. On the update page, if I change the filter in the record set to and "Entered Value" (used 421) the update page will run and return the data for that ID. But if I change the filter to URL Parameter to equal "A" (the record id column), click the edit button on the results page, the update page fails.
Really lost, but probably something simple.
Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Give me a call and I'll debug it with you in a screen share. I'm sure it is something small and simple that I can figure out quickly once I'm able to debug live.

rebuilt157571

When is a good time to call?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...