close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can not make the login page work

Thread began 3/23/2022 9:30 am by msmoose2400634 | Last modified 4/11/2022 12:53 pm by Ray Borduin | 694 views | 18 replies |

msmoose2400634

Can not make the login page work

I have worked on this for a week and I can't get it to work properly; first the following "code (ass="Basic_Default" id="LogIn_Basic_Default" name="LogIn_Basic_Default" method="post" action="">) appears as a text as you will see in the screen shot and secondly when I enter my username and password and bothing happens. Here is the site http://mussolinetestserver.site/login11.php

Sign in to reply to this post

msmoose2400634

Originally Said By: msmoose2400634
  I have worked on this for a week and I can't get it to work properly; first the following "code (ass="Basic_Default" id="LogIn_Basic_Default" name="LogIn_Basic_Default" method="post" action="">) appears as a text as you will see in the screen shot and secondly when I enter my username and password and bothing happens. Here is the site http://mussolinetestserver.site/login11.php  

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The code from lies304-314 should have been added to the <head>.

I'm not sure how it got that way, but I think you can just copy and paste it to get it to the right place. Then you should be left with:

<form class="Basic_Default" id...

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

msmoose2400634

Unfortunately still not working; but however I am back to my orginal problem, can't connect to the database. The database panel, whenever I click on any of the icons, plus sign, pencil, etc nothing happens. I uninstalled the webassist extension, site options===> remove previous connections and still nothing happens. Karen

msmoose2400634

Here is the updated login11.php (see attached); also for some reason this is what I see in the url bar when i test the page: http://127.0.0.1:56513/preview/app/index.html (instead of the http://mussolinetestserver.site/login11.php)

Attached Files
Doc1.pdf
login11.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

On line 311 you have:
<form cl

It should be:
<form class="Basic_Default" id="LogIn_Basic_Default" name="LogIn_Basic_Default" method="post" action="">

Try updating that so your form tag is complete and that should help.

msmoose2400634

I did fix line 311 and I don't show any errors or unnecessary text but when I login it says invalid... I have texted you the username and password int he private message. Plus I have attached the .php page

Attached Files
login11.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Can I get FTP access and a url to test live?

Try removing this line (106):

$Authenticate->addFilter("persSeq", "=", "i", "".($rs_allMembers->getColumnVal("persSeq")) ."");

I'm not sure your intention for this line, but it means simply having the username and password correct, wouldn't necessary allow you to log in.

msmoose2400634

Hi Ray, I did remove he line 106; I did not add the line; it must have been generated by the "Create Security Pages" function. I also don't understand the two lines following the line you asked me to remove:
$Authenticate->addFilter("username", "=", "s", "".((isset($_POST["Log_In_group_Username"]))?$_POST["Log_In_group_Username"]:"") ."");
$Authenticate->addFilter("password", "=", "s", "".((isset($_POST["Log_In_group_2_Password"]))?

The form still does not workl; when I put my username and password it still says invalid

Attached Files
login11.php

Ray BorduinWebAssist

On line 11 you have a password length restriction with a minimum of 6 characters.

You can update that to 2 or 4, or just delete that line.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...