close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

dmx zone / wappler and WA conflict

Thread began 3/22/2022 7:35 am by s.joiner74419001 | Last modified 3/22/2022 3:34 pm by Ray Borduin | 177 views | 4 replies |

s.joiner74419001

dmx zone / wappler and WA conflict

I have a page that has used DMX zones Wappler to develop some of the mark-up and code. I have configured all the client side validation which works well. But now want to switch to WA to develop the server side. The problem is I have tried to add an insert record behaviour but it doesn't work unless I remove

is="dmx-app"

from the body tag, which is basically removing all DMX functions.

I thought I could happily use both plugins together, assuming wappler is just the same. So all I do is push to my remote repository from Wappler then pull it into DW and work with WA plugins.

Is this possible?
Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm not sure why that would make a difference having that code or not. I'm not familiar with how the wrappler code works. If you want to give me a call I can do screen sharing with you to analyze the code and see if I can figure out a solution for you.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

s.joiner74419001

Hi Ray. Ok thanks. Do you mean a skype call? i'm in the UK

Ray BorduinWebAssist

yes that would work.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

s.joiner74419001

After a brief skype session with Ray. It was discovered that the issue was with the way dmx client side validation was using javascript to submit the form but the submit button was not including the form button in the submit, consequently the insert record behaviour was not triggering.

The solution was simply to add hidden fields with the same name as the submit button. These hidden fields will then trigger the insert behaviours.

html:
<input type="hidden"  name="submit_pcd" value="Next">
<input type="submit" role="button" id="submitPcd" name="submit_pcd" class="form-control btn-green" value="Next">

Simple solution for anyone wanting to use Wappler with DW and webassist for web forms.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...