close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

add payment to registration form?

Thread began 10/25/2021 12:31 am by tony | Last modified 11/23/2021 11:59 am by Ray Borduin | 918 views | 38 replies |

tony

add payment to registration form?

Hello all,
In the past months I created an online game featuring quizzes and 360° trasure hunts.
I created 5 episodes.
All games were playable freely. The user just needed to register, in order to play all epsiodes.
Now I would like to make the user pay using paypal to play the game.
I would allow the first episode to be free.
What are the extensions required and the steps needed to accomplish this in DB2?

Here is the link to the 5 episodes: https://www.landgame.eu/il-mistero-delle-12-perle/
Is there a way to add payment to the registration form (https://www.landgame.eu/il-mistero-delle-12-perle/puntata-1/registrazione.php)?

TIA for any suggestion.
Tony

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Are you doing a subscription? Pay to play once? Access for a time period? One payment for registration and then you have full access?

You would probably be able to do it with paypal buttons if you don't want to buy eCart. I could help in a premier support ticket if you wanted to do it quickly and it would be cheaper than buying eCart if this is the only site you plan on adding commerce to.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

tony

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Are you doing a subscription? Pay to play once? Access for a time period? One payment for registration and then you have full access?

You would probably be able to do it with paypal buttons if you don't want to buy eCart. I could help in a premier support ticket if you wanted to do it quickly and it would be cheaper than buying eCart if this is the only site you plan on adding commerce to.  

Hello Ray,
thanks for your reply.
I would like to add one payment for registration and then you have full access to all episodes.
I already looked at paypal button but once you pay you are redirected to a "success" page. But what then? I don't know how to get to the user record and update it.
If it's too complicated I will ask for a premier ticket. Just let me know what the customer decide.
Thanks again.
Tony

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You would have to create an IPN page (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/notifications/ipn/)

You would use IPN to update their profile to update a column to identify them as having paid. Then save that column value in the login so you can use it to restrict access to the pages.

tony

see private message.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Ecart can be installed with DB2 without conflict. You would just have to determine the payment option you want supported and create a checkout workflow. You can probably get what you need done with the Paypal Express Checkout server behaviors.

tony

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Ecart can be installed with DB2 without conflict. You would just have to determine the payment option you want supported and create a checkout workflow. You can probably get what you need done with the Paypal Express Checkout server behaviors.  

Can you Point me in the right ditection? What are the WA server behaviors I should use? Assuming that I'll use the Paypal Express Checkout.
I looked At the Ecart doc, and it seems really complete. But I think I need only a part of this arsenal to do this Little Project.
What do you think.
Tony

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes.... You would just apply the Authentication server behavior on the registration form.

Then you would have that go to a confirm page you create. Add the Get Payer Profile before page loads on the confirm page and you can display the purchaser information from there.

Then add a final payment button on the page and apply the process payment server behavior to complete the process and redirect to a success page. You can use the same button trigger to update the user account to mark them as paid.

tony

Should I update the player profile only on payment success? What happens if the user click the pay Button and doesn't complete the payment?
Tia
Tony

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you use the same trigger as the process transaction server behavior and make sure the profile update is below the transaction code it will redirect to a failure page if the payment doesn't go through and the profile won't be updated.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...