close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dropdown Menu behind Content DIV

Thread began 9/21/2009 7:15 am by Daryl | Last modified 9/24/2009 11:46 am by Daryl | 4503 views | 7 replies |

DarylBeta Tester

Dropdown Menu behind Content DIV

I have created a CSS Dropdown Menu

Works fine in FF

However when testing with the dreaded IE the dropdown dissapears behind the content area.

I have tried changing the zindex of the content area to 0 and the menu to 1000 but its still not working.

url for you - http://test.random-sheep.com/projects/domestic.php

Sign in to reply to this post

DarylBeta Tester

I think it was because the content area was set to relative....

evan378910

Daryl,

I am having a similar issue. What CSS tags did you specifically change so the dropdown would appear above the content div tag?

thanks!

DarylBeta Tester

Evan

To solve my problem I changed the DIV that was covering the dropdowns (in my case content).

It was set to relative, I just deleted this instead (I think)

evan378910

Please excuse my css ignorance, but where do you change to relative using CSS in Dreamweaver (i.e. using css rule definition which property and category (block, box, border, etc...)

thanks!

DarylBeta Tester

I am using a Site Assist Pro Template, so the easy way to do it (if you have only a basic CSS knowledge) is to open the template. Click on the border of the content DIV. Click the little pencil Icon on the CSS window on the right, a new window opens, goto positioning, at the top there is an option for Type, I just deleted it.

If you have edited the content.css file before you can just open that file and then look for

#outerWrapper #contentWrapper #content {

There should be an option called position, just delete it.

Thats what solved it for me, I have no idea if it will work for you. Just remember to back everything up or get ready with pressing undo if it all goes wrong;)

evan378910

thanks again, that helped out my situation as well!

Evan

DarylBeta Tester

Evan

I'm glad that I have managed to help somebody as I am learning too and seem to spend most of my time on here asking for help!

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...