close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Export information from mysql to quickbooks

Thread began 8/05/2021 1:44 pm by JBWebWorks | Last modified 8/07/2021 9:52 pm by Ray Borduin | 459 views | 7 replies |

JBWebWorks

Export information from mysql to quickbooks

Have a website for a Charitable Organization and they accept donations through PayPal. I have instant payment notification set up so the donation information goes from PayPal into a MySql database. I have used data assist to set up the results from the database that can be reviewed in their admin suite.
My question is how can that information be exported from either the database or the results page and into QuickBooks. Their accountant uses Quickbooks. He is able to import the information now but is not getting all the info. On the PayPal donate button there is a place for Programs the the donor wishes to designate and also the donor can send notes. Neither of these are being picked up with the transfer to quickbooks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The list of available fields for IPN is here:
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/notifications/ipn/IPNandPDTVariables/

You can pass the "custom" field from your donate button and it will be included in your IPN for you to use to insert into your database and/or quickbooks integration.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

JBWebWorks

Thanks Ray,
my ipn inserts into the database correctly. The item_number and memo are the two things that are not going from PayPal to quickbooks when the accountant connects to his PayPal account.
I am not familiar with quickbooks. Based on your statement i can get the ipn to insert into quickbooks at the same time?. What do i need to get that to work?

Here is my ipn code

<?php
// set the default timezone to use. Available since PHP 5.1
date_default_timezone_set('America/Chicago');
?>
<?php require_once('Connections/conn_nwfgal.php'); ?>
<?php require_once('webassist/mysqli/queryobj.php'); ?>
<?php

require "paypal_integration_class/paypal.class.php";
require "config.php";

$p = new paypal_class;
$p->paypal_url = $payPalURL;

if ($p->validate_ipn()) {
if($p->ipn_data['payment_status']=='Completed')
{
$amount = $p->ipn_data['mc_gross'] - $p->ipn_data['mc_fee'];
?>
<?php
if (true) {
$InsertQuery = new WA_MySQLi_Query($conn_nwfgal);
$InsertQuery->Action = "insert";
$InsertQuery->Table = "registration_paypal";
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("transaction_ID", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['txn_id'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("first_name", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['first_name'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("last_name", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['last_name'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("email1", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['payer_email'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("address_street", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['address_street'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("address_city", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['address_city'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("address_state", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['address_state'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("address_zip", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['address_zip'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("amount", "d", "".$amount ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("payment_gross", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['mc_gross'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("payment_fee", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['mc_fee'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("program", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['item_number'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("special_requests", "s", "".$p->ipn_data['memo'] ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->bindColumn("original_request", "s", "".http_build_query($_POST) ."", "WA_DEFAULT");
$InsertQuery->saveInSession("");
$InsertQuery->execute();
$InsertGoTo = "";
if (function_exists("rel2abs")) $InsertGoTo = $InsertGoTo?rel2abs($InsertGoTo,dirname(__FILE__)):"";
$InsertQuery->redirect($InsertGoTo);
}
?>
<?php
}
} else {
die("invalid");
}
?>

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm not sure what your accountant is doing to get the data into quickbooks. I'm guessing they are connecting to the database, so if you get it into the database they should be able to get it into quickbooks.

Is the selected program and notes getting into the database correctly? If so, then the accountant should be able to get it into quickbooks. I'd need to know how the quickbooks integration works to figure out why it doesn't work properly. The first step is to make sure all of the data is in your database.

JBWebWorks

Yes, all of the required information is getting into the database from the insert behavior on the ipn. Not sure if any insert behavior into quickbooks can be added to the ipn. If so i would have to have the login into quickbooks and create another connection?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm not sure what they are using to import into quickbooks, but it sounds like that is where the issue is, not with what you are doing. I'd have to know more about that to comment on how to fix it.

JBWebWorks

All I know is he (the accountant) logs into PayPal from his QuickBooks and the transfer is automatic. It doesn’t transfer item_number and memo, so it must be a setting in either QuickBooks or PayPal or both.
Thanks for your help.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The quicbooks integration has to either connect to paypal, your database, or your bank. Nothing is automatic... it has configurable settings. Those settings would have to be known and understood in order to figure out what is wrong.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...