close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Menu Writer 2.0.2

Thread began 9/20/2009 2:00 am by michaelf0199272 | Last modified 9/23/2009 3:55 pm by Jason Byrnes | 5415 views | 15 replies |

michaelf0199272

CSS Menu Writer 2.0.2

I have to let you guys know that I have had so much problems with all the CSS Memu Writers except the very first one that came with my SS package when I bought it about a year ago. Subsequent upgrades were simply no match to that first CSS Menu Writer.

The links have never worked on the localhost and my remote host. I am currently using 2.02 -- like I said, the links just did not work.

I have always had to go to the codes to make the links to work, which frankly is adding to the time it takes to build a "working" website.

Please find attached two ascii files (i) Bad-Menu092009.txt and (ii) Corrected-Menu0902009.txt.

I am thinking there is some bugs in this software. A worst scenario will be that I am doing something incorrect, but I doubt that.

My site now works fine with a corrected menu.php and my customer can at least review it before I proceed further.

LJackson/

Please help me so I can fix this issue once and for all. I am spending too much time fixing it in the codes.

Many thanks,

Michael

Attached Files
Bad-Menu092009.txt
corrected-Menu092009.txt
Sign in to reply to this post

lon.winters301855Beta Tester

Do the links just don't do anything, or take you to the wrong page or a page not found?

michaelf0199272

what do you think? Of course it resulted into page NOT found.

The links did not work. Like I said, I have to fix it in the code and I did the fixing on the hosting server to make it work work. Thank God I am comfortable with coding -- if I was not, I will be skrewed.

This is an issue I will really like WebAssist people to answer.

Many thanks.

Michael

Jimmy Wu

What are the setting you have specified in your Site Definition for local HTTP address, and testing URL prefix?

michaelf0199272

I am lost -- I have no clue as to what you are asking for.

the site is residing locally on:

C:\intpub\wwwroot\larryjackson (localhost set up)

my remote set up is as shown on the indicated url\webaddress.

Michael

Jimmy Wu

When setting up your site definition in Dreamweaver, if you switch to Advanced view, what is the HTTP address under Local Info and in the Testing Server, what is the URL prefix? The prefix for the menu urls are generated from these values, so that is why I'm asking about them.

michaelf0199272

Here is the information that you requested:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\larryJak\

LJackson/

URL Prefix currently has nothing indicated.

Please review the two attched pictures for your answer.

Thanks,

Michael

Jimmy Wu

The URL prefix for the testing server should be set to:
LJackson/

and you sent me a screen shot for the remote info, not the local info, but the local info HTTP address should be set to larryJak/

Try setting up your site definition like that and make a menu with it.

michaelf0199272

Please find attached the Local info setup snapshot.

Jimmy Wu

To reiterate what I said in the last post, the values you have for the HTTP address in the local info should be set to:
larryJak/

and the URL prefix for the testing server should be set to:
LJackson/

Try changing these values and creating a menu with those settings set up.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...