close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

FB Width Problem

Thread began 9/19/2009 7:21 pm by paputxi | Last modified 9/22/2009 5:58 pm by Jimmy Wu | 2902 views | 7 replies |

paputxi

FB Width Problem

I am having a problem with resizing the width of an FB generated form into my current template. The original form can be seen at customquote-original.php. I had not yet applied any security features to this page, so I didn't have to remove any coding ahead of invoking FB.

After invoking FB, I get what is seen at customquote.php, which has lost a lot of formatting. I know that I need to "re-bound", i.e., re-input, each field's label , which I will do. (Hopefully, the next version of FB will eliminate having to do that since that can be quite time consuming.; it will be for me as I have multiple forms that I am converting.)

However, I need to know how to get the FB generated form content to shift to the left so that all the information will be shown more like it is shown in the original page. I have tried within FB to change the form's width from 820 pixels (the value shown within FB) to 608 (which looks like a good value for my form) and even to 900 (to see if there would be a difference), but I see no visible change in the layout.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

If you go into the FD_Sharp_Default.css file and find this block of code:
form.Sharp_Default {
padding:0 0 0 0;
margin:0 0 0 0;
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
width:auto;
}

You can add a negative margin to this like this:
margin-left:-110px;

This will adjust the form to shift to the left.

paputxi

Thanks, Jimmy. Yes, that fixed the problem. This issue can now be marked RESOLVED. However, I now have a related problem that I will identify in a different post.

Jimmy Wu

Glad it worked out for you.

Stevebo

Jimmy if the CSS file is edited, will it be overwritten if using Form Design or Edit Form and saving work?

steve

Jimmy Wu

Unfortunately the change will be overwritten if you edit the form again.

paputxi

Just FYI. I've also noticed that if I make ANY changes to the form itself, the "re-bound" labels that I created are deleted. (And I have many.) That is, I have to re-input those labels all over again.

As a "lessons learned" approach, I am waiting until I get the overall layout of each form finalized via FB before I input the field labels again. Again, I'm hoping some future upgrade to the tool will eliminate the need to to that. Overall, I do like the tool, which has great potential.

Thanks again for your support, Jimmy!

Jimmy Wu

Thanks for the input. I'll have to test that and bring it up for a future release.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...