DMXzone Server Connect
I don't know if you can help. I have been using Adobe Server Behaviors and Data Bindings Panel alongside my webassist extensions for years, however recently I have been having issues connecting to some of my sites. I was getting an error "Your PHP server doesn't have the MySQL module loaded or you can't use the mysql_(p)connect functions." when trying to connect to the database. Luckily I have just managed to fix them after days of problems (I have attached a list in case it helps anyone else)
1. I checked the testing server settings are pointing to the same folder as your testing server URL.
2. I deleted the MM_Server Scripts folder on the server through the cpanel
3. I went to Site->Advanced-> and Removed the Connection Scripts
4. I searched for all instances of mysql_ in the local files.
5. I tried uninstalling the webassist server behaviours but I couldn't find anyway of doing this so I reinstalled Dreamweaver and then reinstalled the server behaviors
In the process of trying to find the issue I came across this:
which when clicking on the Enable Server Behaviors and Data Bindings Panel Support for Dreamweaver link takes you to a page that says "
WARNING: This extension has been deprecated by Adobe and it is even not functioning well in the latest Dreamweaver CC!"
The article suggests using DMXzone Server Connect as the alternative. I downloaded this and tried opening Dreamweaver and all the old Server Behaviour/Bindings/Database tabs are replaced with DMXzone Server Connect - but I still cannot connect to the database (I think I have to purchase
DMXzone Database Connector PHP @139 €.)
Now I have things working again I am reluctant to change anything but I know I will need to upgrade at some point. Is purchasing DMXzone Server Connect the best way to go - baring in mind I am not a programmer?