close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart PayPal checkout failure

Thread began 9/16/2020 3:43 pm by jurinski334466 | Last modified 10/02/2020 4:51 pm by Ray Borduin | 1119 views | 20 replies |

jurinski334466

ecart PayPal checkout failure

While updating site from mysql to mysqli I've lost eCart functionality. The checkout process works fine until I get to PayPal. I can login on the PayPal Express form but when I submit the order all I get is a blank, white page. If I use the old pp_confirm page instead of the newer version, PayPal stalls at the same place but is able to send me back to the checkout_failure page on my site; however, I'm not able to get beyond this step in the Paypal order process with either the old or the updated pages. The old pages worked during June (the last time we needed to use them).

I don't know what I am doing wrong or what I need to do to correct the situation. I've enclosed a set of the old checkout pages and a set of the updated pages if that helps. Nothing stands out between the sets of pages that looks "off" to me. I checked all the credentials on the PayPal site and they are all correct. I tried to ensure the .htaccess file accepts either www. or not, but I don't know if I did that correctly or just made things worse. Also, my webhost recently moved the site (without telling me) to a different server with php7 so I don't know if something changed when that happened that is affecting the process. I haven't been able to register anyone for classes so far this month which isn't good. Would you please help me get this running again? Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your store cart summary in database and store cart details in database server behaviors have not been updated to mysqli. When you get a blank page, try adding this to the top:

<?php
ini_set("display_errors",1);
?>

Often times a blank page means there is an error, but errors are disabled. Once you are able to see the error it is easier to correct.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jurinski334466

Thanks Ray!
I've reworked the pages so many times that I can't see them any more. Unfortunately, updating the server behaviors didn't fix the problem. The only improvement is that PayPal no longer goes to a blank page but instead goes to the checkout failure page. I added the display error code to the top of the pp_confirm page and the checkout_failure page and no errors show. Are there other pages I should add the code to? Do you have any other ideas?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Add this to the failure page:

php:
<?php

@session_start();
var_dump($_SESSION);
?>

That should give information about where and why the page is failing. If you view source and copy and paste the result here then I can help you interpret what it means.

jurinski334466

Info from top of page included in pm. Thanks very much for looking at this!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This one is a bit odd... the important part of the error message is:
Express Checkout PayerID is missing.

And I can see in dump that it is blank when passed to paypal in the ECO_Process_Request:
<PayerID></PayerID>

If I then go to the code where the payer id is set on pp_confirm.php on line: 97-98 I see:
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_required[0][$nextIndex] = "PayerID";
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_required[1][$nextIndex] = "".((isset($_SESSION["PayPal_ECO_PayerID"]))?$_SESSION["PayPal_ECO_PayerID"]:"") ."";

So the payerid is supposed to be set from the session. Now, I dug through the code for where the session is set, and it is supposed to be set by the code on line 23.

So, I think the issue is that the session isn't started properly or has been closed before line 23. Try this to fix it. Add this code between lines 19-20:

php:
<?php

@session_start();
?>

I think that should fix the problem.

jurinski334466

Sorry to get back to you so late. I Couldn't get to this until now today. I added the Session start code on the pp_confirm page where you suggested. I restarted the browser and tried to checkout. Unfortunately, the page is still failing at the same place. I've probably done something stupid, I just don;t know what it is or how to fix it. Error code in the pm below. Thanks again!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Move it down one more line so it is after what is now line 22.

jurinski334466

Yea! Success! What a difference a line makes. I never would have been able to figure this out without your help! Thank you!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sure, just let me know what day you want and we can do a phone call with screen sharing to get whatever you need done.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...