close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to do security now with DataBrige 2

Thread began 8/25/2020 12:38 pm by Peterson Design Studio - jefferis | Last modified 8/25/2020 3:06 pm by Ray Borduin | 440 views | 5 replies |

Peterson Design Studio - jefferis

How to do security now with DataBrige 2

HI Ray, Thanks for your help. I'm trying to update security for an admin area on the same site. I think I have 2 iterations of security on the admin folder. One was the old KAT which Adobe bought but I also have pages that use WA security assist. I think they are the newer ones. However when I try to login to the new one, I get this error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Also, when I try to load the WA Security to manage the pages, the database seems to take so long to load that I have to force quit. The page also says "Security assist (prior version) I notice that with the New Dbridge there is also User Authentication under the MySQLi tab. And am not sure which one I should be using to make sure the logins are compliant with the php 7, or the best way to update the security.

Also, when I opened the Security Assist > Create Security Pages, the whole DW 2020 seemed to time out.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'

most likely means you are using an invalid mysql server host domain.

The long loading may be because of an infinite loop or recursive redirect. Maybe a conflict with the two security server behaviors on the same page or site.

The timeout when opening the Security Assist wizard is probably because of a database connection issue.

We should probably tackle these one at a time in individual threads so it doesn't get too confusing.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

okay, what should we tackle first. In looking at these pages, there is such a collection of old code that it is confusing. Now we have on this site fixed the connections issues before. When I do a recordset, e.g., the tables appear as they should. I have removed duplicate connections on the page. This page was at least displaying until I updated the Security assist user (prior version) to the new one. Now I get the blank page on this one as well. Same login info as last time except

these pages are in the admin folder

OOPS I ddin't see the new WA security folder I uploaded it. But am getting the socket layer error

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You probably didn't upload the new include files the page is using. I'd have to debug it live with FTP access to find errors. I can't just look at a file and tell if everything is uploaded.

I Had forgotten to upload the new files. I did now and am getting the socket error when I try to log in.Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Is this part of WA Security Assist user code or outdated ?

// Load the tNG classes
require_once('../includes/tng/tNG.inc.php');

// Make unified connection variable
$conn_LiveGold = new KT_connection($LiveGold, $database_LiveGold);

//Start Restrict Access To Page
$restrict = new tNG_RestrictAccess($conn_LiveGold, "../");
//Grand Levels: Any
$restrict->Execute();
//End Restrict Access To Page

It may be #($*7 things up.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm not familiar with tNG_RestrictAccess, I'd remove that code and see if you still have issues. It may not be compatible with php7 or mysqli.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...