close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DW CS6 crashes when I try yo open my website

Thread began 8/22/2020 11:45 am by randyrie405335 | Last modified 8/24/2020 3:20 pm by Ray Borduin | 1134 views | 6 replies |

randyrie405335

DW CS6 crashes when I try yo open my website

My latest website built with PineGrow crashed DWCS6 when I try yo open it. See my FTP access in the attachments. Would you please review the site to see if you can figure out why this trying to open the 'index.html' (or any others) page crashes Dreamweaver (none of my other sites built with PineGrow have this issue)?

UPDATE 8/23/2020:
I've installed Dreamweaver CC 2020 and it does not crash when I try to open my website. The techs at Pinegrow say an update to "GSAP3" is in progress which should fix the issue with DWCS6. Will know more when its released in mid-Sept.

Sign in to reply to this post

randyrie405335

WA Database Panel frozen

After I installed DataBridge 2.35 on Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2020, the WA database panel is inoperative. I get a javascript error when I try to open it. (See my screen capture)

I used DMXzone's ext. manager since Adobe's CC 2020 Ext Mngr. would open DataBridge_235.zxp for me... says "This extension can not be installed, it requires Dreamweaver version 9 or greater" and I'm using DWCC2020. ??

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm not sure what DevicePreviewBridge is. It isn't part of our extensions or in a standard Dreamweaver file. I think this is an error from another extension you have installed.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

randyrie405335

Was this reply meant for me? I was referring to DataBridge, not DevicePreviewBridge

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, the error screenshot you sent says:

"While executing onLoad in DevicePreviewBridging.html, a JavaScript error occurred."

That error is not coming from Dreamweaver or WebAssist, so it would appear to be an error in another extension.

randyrie405335

To see if any Dreamweaver version will work with GSAP3 (the engine behind PineGrow's Interactions module) I installed Dreamweaver CC 2020, Now I cannot get WebAssist's DataBridge 2.35 to install in DWCC 2020 using Adobe's Extension Manager CC 2020. I get a wrong version error (see my attachment below). I used DMXzone's Extension Manager but now I have an issue with opening the WA database GUI in DWCC 2020. How do I get DWCC 2020 and WA DB2.35 installed and work well together on my Mac?

Help?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Adobe dropped support for their extension manager. You can use one of the many free extension managers that have popped up to replace it. Try this one:
https://www.projectseven.com/products/ex-man/info.htm

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...