close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I want to populate menu with categories and subs in the root when the store is in a directory named store, Should I include a plugin or new recordset on the page

Thread began 7/08/2020 4:21 pm by jo271221 | Last modified 8/27/2020 1:59 pm by Ray Borduin | 939 views | 5 replies |

jo271221

I want to populate menu with categories and subs in the root when the store is in a directory named store, Should I include a plugin or new recordset on the page

We wanted a landing page that can easily be edited outside of Powerstore, but now would like the content from the side menu of the products pages to display on the home page.

I succesfully created the recordset and binding but am getting a connection error.
I once I get passed that I need to create a repeating region.

I am getting a connection error message:
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: require_once(../store/Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/shopfullhorse/public_html/index2.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: require_once(): Failed opening required '../store/Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in <b>/home/shopfullhorse/public_html/index2.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br /

I tried ../../store, and /store which neither make sense but I tried anyway and they failed as well. I am not sure what the cpanel error is telling me. Possibly permissions.

Also I don't recall. Am I suppose to delete the Connections/installed.txt file I am thinking that some file was to be deleted after install and another file needed to be modified as it causes errors.

I have attached the page.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do not delete the installed.txt file. It will try to run the installer again if you do.

I think the path should be: "Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php"

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jo271221

I also get an error with this Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php'

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The correct path is:

require_once('store/Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php');

jo271221

My connection is correct. My recordset shows and bindings and I can insert bindings but the connection shows not found in dreamweaver therefore I am not able to make the repeating region.

We just want to generate a 'site map' so to speak of all the categories and subcategories and display those in the home page.
So are site map is the same content as the side menu found on the products page. Actual site and page in PM along with FTP info again.

https://mystore.com/store/products_results.php?S_ProductName=&S_ProductPrice=&S_ProductPrice2=&Search=Search

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have a mixture of MySQL recordsets and MySQLi code on this page. The repeat region uses MySQLi repeat region, but it is repeating on a MySQL recordset. Those two server behaviors have to be in sync.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...