close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Help with converting to mySQLi

Thread began 6/22/2020 7:33 am by iain331081 | Last modified 6/29/2020 10:00 am by Ray Borduin | 939 views | 15 replies |

iain331081

Help with converting to mySQLi

I started looking at this a while ago, but am just coming back to it now. I was having some issues with recordset not being visible in the Server Behaviours panel. I am just looking at a pretty standard page with just a couple of recordset, and no inset or update. But the main recordset is not visible to change. I have looked at it and removed things like line breaks, but still no luck. I have a lot of pages to update, so would be good if you can have a look at this one and advise of other things I can be looking for that is causing this. I have attached the page here. Thank again.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Dreamweaver is pretty picky... you just need a line break between these lines (line73).

$row_WADAlodges = mysql_fetch_assoc($WADAlodges);

if (isset($_GET['totalRows_WADAlodges'])) {

Then the recordset will appear.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

iain331081

Thanks Ray - can see it now. DW is just hanging though - has been for about 15 minutes. I'm running DW 20.2. DW19 currently crashes on me when I get past the welcome thing, and its hanging in DW 18. Running macOS 10.15.5, and the current version of DB 2.3.5. There probably isn't anything you can do to fix that though...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Attach the file I can probably spot it. Usually it is something small like a missing or extra line break or space or something that is preventing the Server Behavior from loading properly and then it hangs.

If you send the page that hangs I can try to figure it out for you.

iain331081

Thanks Ray. One thing - might it be because the page has an include? Basically these ones are like saved search results per country, and use an include file that is shared for each country page.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The page opens without hanging for me. That means it might be the contents of one of the includes causing the problem. You could try opening them individually to see which one is the culprit and send me that file to look into it.

iain331081

That might have been crossed wires there - the page opens OK, but hangs when I try to change the connection file for the recordset from the mySQL one (connSafari.php) to the mySQLi one (connSafari_wa_i.php). You might need to be connected via FTP to see if you have the same thing happen. Its currently

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It was an issue associated with having server behaviors related to the recordset in include files. I updated the DataBridge extension to skip server behaviors from includes when upgrading to make sure it doesn't happen moving forward. Please reinstall databridge to resolve this issue.

In my testing I updated the page and include files related to it to MySQLi. You can download the updated pages from your site.

iain331081

Thanks Ray. I was just looking at an unrelated thing, and something weird seems to have happened to the site (i was only looking at the site in a browser, not changing any files or anything).

But when I log on now, I am just seeing the logo at the top, and blank pages apart from that.

Was it just that one page you changed? I'll download it here and save it as something else, and see if rey-loading the copy I have here fixes that.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is because I converted the include files to MySQLi and they now require the pages they are included on to have the correct MySQLi recordsets to reference them.

You will have to update the pages to mySQLi or go back to the mySQL version of the include files.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...