close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Developer Notes Issue

Thread began 5/30/2020 2:20 pm by yogastudents362523 | Last modified 6/02/2020 5:37 pm by Ray Borduin | 914 views | 8 replies |

yogastudents362523

Developer Notes Issue

Hello,

(A)
When I use PowerCMS and click through the various Developer notes, they eventually all start stating the same value. In my case this is always:

<?php echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, 'test 1', 'second', false);
?>

It does not matter which "page" or content area I select, I get precisely the same value.

(B)
I created a php page on the site putting in it the given Developer notes. None of the content areas display. You can view the page for yourself in the upcoming private area.

Thank you.
KB

Sign in to reply to this post

yogastudents362523

I felt that the previous PowerCMS thread had gotten too long and also outlived its usefulness in the sense that it has resolved the three linked issues of installation, inputting, and accessibility of all parts relative to both SuperAdministrator and any created Users.

Therefore the only things remaining to be untested are:
(1) the successful insertion and display of content areas;
(2) proper behaviour of toolbars.

It seemed appropriate to start a new thread for content and Developer Notes matters.

Thank you,
KB

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The developer notes issue has been fixed.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

yogastudents362523

Thank you,

I will test and report back. Later today, or else tomorrow.

yogastudents362523

TWO FURTHER ISSUES

Hello,

That specific Developer Notes issue is indeed fixed.

However,
(A) When I try to get the Developer Notes for a Template Page, I get an invitation to append the same value -- In my case "test2=1" -- for both the content areas I create using template page as a template.

(B) I am still not displaying any content on any pages by pasting the given developer's notes from non-template CMS pages into ordinary site pages.

Please see demonstration page in private area underneath.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I've updated the developer notes to give the correct code.

yogastudents362523

REPEATED REQUIRES ISSUE

Hello,

I am sorry that that is still not working.

I copied the Develop Notes into the file in Dreamweaver.

And the first thing I noticed was that each of the three had a "require" command.

I therefore and immediately felt that this was not going to work, but prepared to upload anyway.

And just as I was about to upload, Dreamweaver gave me the warning that the file on the server had been amended.

I therefore decided to go and have a look, and I saw the file you had uploaded.

This had but a SINGLE require_once command, and it worked appropriately. It even saved back to where it should when I clicked the Hide Edit button (or whatever)

Having given that a runthrough, I then uploaded the verstion you will see there now, and that contains three separate require commands, the net result being that it dispays only a single line of PHP code, with zero content from the CMS.

The solution, obviously, is that somehow each relevant page must show only a single require_once command, and as you had in the working one I played around with before overwriting it..

Sorry.
KB

(PS I will retest the template functionality so there is only a single issue at a time).

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like the notes was missing a slash in the code. Instead of: presentersWA_CMS/WA_CMS.php it should be: presenters/WA_CMS/WA_CMS.php

I think if you correct that everywhere it appears that should fix the problem. I've updated it in the developer notes.

yogastudents362523

SUCCESS

Hi,

Yes, that does appear to have fixed the problem.
I made the corrections as you suggested.

I will test for the templates themselves either later today, or else tomorrow.

Thank you,
KB

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...