close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

User Authentication wizard no showing UserLevel session variable

Thread began 5/27/2020 9:28 am by tmcbinc99963 | Last modified 6/02/2020 9:13 am by Ray Borduin | 1358 views | 15 replies |

tmcbinc99963

User Authentication wizard not showing UserLevel session variable

I read an old post that said you can't use Secure Pages with SecurityAssist Pages as the redirects conflict. I had that issue, so I'm trying to add user level authentication to an existing SecurityAssist login page.

So far, I've added a 'UserLevel' database column to my existing User table and am following the tutorial.

In the Authenticate User wizard > Database tab, the tutorial isn't clear where the value comes from. I selected the Server Variable as it was closest to the POST code in the tutorial, even though 'UserEmail' and 'UserPassword' weren't listed (I adjusted the code manually).

In the Dynamic Data window > session group it says select the 'userLevel' session variable, yet there's no userLevel session variable in the list.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If the session variables that you are storing on your login page aren't showing in the bindings, then click the plus button in the bindings panel and choose session variable to add them manually.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

tmcbinc99963

The bindings window shows the correct session variables I need to use, but they're not showing up in the wizard. It shows different bindings. Do I just add <?php echo $_SESSION['UserLevel']; ?> where the value goes?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I'm not sure what interface you are in. Can you send a screen grab?

tmcbinc99963

The Bindings grab shows the last four correct session variables I need to use, which don't appear in the Wizard screen grab.

Do I just add <?php echo $_SESSION['UserLevel']; ?> where the value goes?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I would think it would use the same list if you scrolled down. However, you could just select a different session variable and update the session variable name in the text field after.

tmcbinc99963

I've completed the login userLevel Authentication. I selected all the admin DataAssist pages for level 1 Admin access (Level 2 access is Sales). There's a UserLevel column in the users Db with either a 1 or 2 in each record. Need help on the following:

Still have access to the same admin pages without logging in.
Can't log in - get invalid username or password warning on correct entries.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you had run the wizard multiple times on that page and had some conflicts with form element names and validations. I've corrected all of the issues. Please download the updated page before you overwrite it.

tmcbinc99963

I'm sure I entered the data multiple times without knowing it. I was having issues with the wizard crashing repeatedly at certain points.

It doesn't look like the User Authentication is working correctly. I can still view all the admin pages without logging in. I've set up the authentication for two levels - admin 1 and sales 2. To test, I added four records in the Db (two of each). Doesn't matter which user is logged in, all the admin pages can be accessed. None of the admin pages should be accessible to sales.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please provide steps to reproduce. It should look like:

1) Go to the page http://.... and log in with the username and password:
2) Then try to go to this page: http://

I think you should not be able to view that page, but you can. What did I do wrong?

With a post like that, I can reproduce the issue and tell you what is wrong since I already have your FTP information.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...