close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DW CS6 Frequently Crashes on Mac

Thread began 5/12/2020 2:55 pm by randyrie405335 | Last modified 5/19/2020 9:13 am by Ray Borduin | 906 views | 7 replies |

randyrie405335

DW CS6 Frequently Crashes on Mac

I'm getting VERY frustrated with DataBridge 2.35 MySQLi server behaviors crashing Dreamweaver CS6 and am wondering if there'll be a new release out soon that addresses this crashing? DW CS5 SELDOM crashes on my MacBook Pro running macOS 10.14.6 unless I install and try to use a WA Databridge 2.35 sever behavior... then a crash is most likely to occur. The same thing happens on my new iMAC w/macOS 1014.6 so it's not my MacBook being a culprit. I've tried using Adobe's DW CC 2019 and experienced the same issue but I see that you list DW CS6 is supported by DB 2.35 - so the DW version isn't the issue either.

I do need to get this constant crashing resolved soon. Can you help... I can offer a computer sharing instance if you think this will help you trouble-shoot why I'm crashing so often.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try going to Webassist->Preferences and go to the Wizard Settings section and set the delay to "Extra Long". That can often fix crashing issues.

What are you doing at the time it crashes? If I can get more information about exactly when it crashes that can help me track it down.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

randyrie405335

Crashings

Ray...

Upping the delay to "Extra Long" seems to have done the trick. I wish I had known about this months ago... Matter of fact, I didn't even know this preference existed nor what it offers to the behavior. Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll let you know if I have any more similar issues.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Unfortunately Adobe's DW team would be the only ones that might understand that crash report and be able to do something about it. If you can reproduce the crash then we can do screen sharing and I could dig into what might be causing the issue. Just post your phone number and a good time to call in the private area.

randyrie405335

Thanks - see private.

Also having crash issue with Security Assist creating all the pages in its suite. It freezes about halfway through with "Error in applyFBSBS and ERROR: node ToOffSets: Argument number 1 is invalid" (see my attachment) - - we can discuss this more when we screen share?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Unfortunately we were unable to find consistent steps to reproduce the issues so I wasn't able to debug them effectively. Hopefully things will continue to work better now that you have the delay set. I know Dreamweaver is more prone to crashing on laptops than desktops, but that doesn't really help if you like to work on your laptop.

PatriceWebAssist

Originally Said By: randyrie405335
  Ray...

Upping the delay to "Extra Long" seems to have done the trick. I wish I had known about this months ago... Matter of fact, I didn't even know this preference existed nor what it offers to the behavior. Anyways, thanks for the advice. I'll let you know if I have any more similar issues.  

Thanks for this tip, Ray. It did make a difference.
I am also on a Mac with DW6. Shut down all programs except DW.
My other "helpers" are to shut down second screen. Close all but one php page in DW. Close all elements of DW except the one php page.
Remove "preview" option.
Do one "insert" page, save as a pre-set. Do the "update," save as that preset. Work through all the others the same way. As I have understood it, it is a memory leak on Mac with DW6 that Adobe never addressed.

randyrie405335

Memory Leak with 64bit macOS

I agree, Patrice. I believe the memory leak is a 32bit vs. 64bit issue that Adobe has no interest in resolving. Before I retired four years ago, I grumbled to the regional Adobe rep for Penn State University about this very thing but got NO response even after filing numerous bug reports and email complaints to their tech support - got nothing but crickets. Seemingly, Adobe wishes to 'cripple' their perpetual licensed apps in favor of up-selling users to their monthly renewable CC apps. They probably are not financially interested in up-dating the 32 bit Dreamweaver CS6 so it performs on par with their 64bit CC series. This is why macOS Mojave 10.14.6 will be the last update I can make to my brand new iMac and my 2017 MacBook Pro - - higher macOS versions will not run the 32bit DWCS6 app. This is the primary reason I'm abandoning Dreamweaver in favor of PineGrow to design and build my websites - using DWCS6 only to add server behaviors to sites requiring a database on their backends.

Sigh

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...