close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Best option for Editor?

Thread began 5/08/2020 6:10 am by yogastudents362523 | Last modified 5/08/2020 11:43 am by Ray Borduin | 472 views | 3 replies |

yogastudents362523

Best option for Editor?

Hello,

I am almost embarrassed to ask you the following question, because I could answer it by installing every available option in Design Extender, and then making a choice. So I am hoping you do not mind answering.

I am creating a new set of pages. My concern is that in the Administrative Backend, I want to make it as easy as possible for a selection of about 35 people to enter data such as their biographies and pictures etc. Some of them are now quite elderly, but the idea is that they are presenting some stories and information to a group of younger people.

Given that such elderly persons often find screens hard to use and etc., is there a particular design choice/option you would recommend that also incorporates your CK-editor but that might be particularly appealing -- in its layout -- for this purpose?

Otherwise, I will install the options you have one by one and go through them to make a choice.

Thank you even for reading this and considering, and I will of course understand if you feel like passing on making a suggestion.
KB

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I don't think any one design would be better than any other. Just pick one you think looks good.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

PatriceWebAssist

If you are talking about the admin pages for updating content etc, I like "Cool" for sizes. I go into the default css and change the font color from b6b6b6 to 000000 and it's easy to see.

yogastudents362523

Thanks. I will check that out. This is a case of a group of grandparental figures who have kindly agreed to go online and tell a few stories about their early lives and backgrounds that a group of young people can then read, and ask questions about, so the people of these different generations interact with each other.

I just want to make the grandparental input interface as inviting and seemingly easy to use as possible, and for that, some colour combinations seem more suitable than others, especially when given a couple of rows of edit buttons in the editor which are initially unfamiliar. It's always easier once people get used to things, which makes first impressions all the more important! And since the kids are really looking forward to it, I want to do everything I can to encourage the grandparent types.

I will investigate Cool first. Will also look to amending the CSS as you suggest. Thanks very much for the suggestion,
KB

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...